Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Your Funny Stories

I was bored and so I want to know some funny incidents or bizzare things that have happened to you.

It can be small and silly or large and bizzare.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

I'll start with a quick story of something that happened to me and my parents when I was 15 and on holiday in Mallorca in 2002.

We were in a hotel and sitting on the balcony enjoying the cool night air and the view. When we went to go inside about 11pm, we found the door had gone onto its latch and we were locked on the balcony. After a while of trying to get the door open we had to look around for some help.

One of the people from the next balcony came out and we called for help, sadly because of distance between balconies we had to speak quite loud and so no chance of keeping it quiet. After telling them what had happened, they reported it to the management and about 4 Spanish workers came and unlocked our room and the balcony door.

Very embarrassing as the 3 people of the next balcony were watching as 4 hotel workers opened our door and came onto the balcony.

From then on we wedged the door open, and it was only the second night so we still had a week to feel embarrassed.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    When I started to work here the black market was flourishing in the institution. Different guys selling everything from clothes, shoes, cosmetics, chocolates, gold to underwear were wandering from office to office. And there was an old coworker, madame Lola, who did such activities herself. One day she brought a lot of dressing gowns from her niece's store who wanted to finish the stock. As usual all the women on our floor + others from other departments came to our office to see the merchandise.The dressing gowns had the same cut but the model was available in 4 colours in different sizes. At one moment the door opened and our secretary of state was looking at this hallucinating picture: about 30 women of different shapes and ages were trying on the same model of dressing gown but in 4 colours. His reaction was What the hell are you doing here? Then turned around closed the door and left.
    Then the same Lolita decided one day that my hair needed to be shortened and offered her services. We put some papers on the floor and she began to cut when a girl entered in a hurry and said that the same secretary of state is in our department. So we hurried to clean the floor but forgot completely that only half of my head was adjusted and imagine the guy's reaction when he saw me. He was probably the only SS who ever bothered to come on our floor.
    Last edited by gadjo_dilo; 10th August 2014 at 00:47.

4. Likes: airshifter (12th August 2014),Rudy Tamasz (11th August 2014),steveaki13 (10th August 2014)
    Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I had a couple of locked door stories in my life. When I did my graduate studies, I shared the apartment with a guy from Croatia. At some point when we were staying inside, we discovered that the lock had jammed and wouldn't open. That was before cell phones and we had no connection to the outer world. We had to wait till the evening when the owner came back home. He lived on the same floor and when we figured he was at his place we started yelling like mad: "Mister Kis! Please come open the door." Luckily he came and set us free. That yelling was very embarrassing but funny.

The other time I came back from a business trip. The trip was difficult with security service agents following and harassing us. I was home at 6 pm. It was raining outside and I badly needed a toilet. The lock jammed and wouldn't open. First I bent the key trying to open it, then crossed the whole neighborhood in search of a key repair shop, found it, then bent the key again, all that badly needing to go to the toilet, I remind you. Then I called the guy who had his business opening doors in emergency cases. He opened it in about one minute, asking no documents from me and only charging me about $10. He took the money, grinned, gave me a wink and said: "So, she replaced the lock, eh?"
    Last edited by Rudy Tamasz; 11th August 2014 at 09:23.
    Llibertat

6. Likes: airshifter (12th August 2014)
    Rudy?!!!? Couldn't you *** round the corner?

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    Rudy?!!!? Couldn't you *** round the corner?
    I could *** round the corner, but ###ing would be more difficult, and it was ### that I wanted, not ***.

BTW, my friend and I were detained by police once for ***ing in a public place (a construction site, actually). So this one might get tricky, too.
    Llibertat

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    and it was ### that I wanted, not ***.
    One of my cousins who has a house in the countryside use to have such needs when we wander through the area. Once she found a very "quiet" place and said she'll go there and I was "but it's a street, what if somebody will come?" and she said I'll risk it. No sooner she started I saw a carriage coming with " 2 horse high speed". I don't know how she could end and wipe so quickly....
    Then we went to a monastery and she said she badly needs a toilet and can't wait till the monastery. She did it in a bush and I noticed that it was in front of a institution and if somebody were at the window could see her.

But the best with her was when we were at the seaside and the houses in 2 Mai had latrinas outside. She was like let's do it here in the flowers cos it's too far till the end of the yard. And when we were :::::: some guy who also stayed in that house just passed.

When I have time I'll come with a good one from an airport.

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    One of my cousins who has a house in the countryside use to have such needs when we wander through the area. Once she found a very "quiet" place and said she'll go there and I was "but it's a street, what if somebody will come?" and she said I'll risk it. No sooner she started I saw a carriage coming with " 2 horse high speed". I don't know how she could end and wipe so quickly....
    Then we went to a monastery and she said she badly needs a toilet and can't wait till the monastery. She did it in a bush and I noticed that it was in front of a institution and if somebody were at the window could see her.

But the best with her was when we were at the seaside and the houses in 2 Mai had latrinas outside. She was like let's do it here in the flowers cos it's too far till the end of the yard. And when we were :::::: some guy who also stayed in that house just passed.
    What lovely stories

Wait for the airport one.