I got lazy and didn't watch qualification, and after finding out about the weather wished I had. I still have it on DVR but watching it after the race just kind of kills things for me.

The racing was good, but I surely could have lived without that first caution that just tossed so many qualification results into a bag and shook them up. Although a lot of people were lucky to miss any real damage, doing so just killed the positions for quite a few drivers, with a couple getting really lucky as well. Without a lot of passing opportunities on track, it's hard to make up a lot of positions on that track.

Things were looking really good for Newgarden.... right until things went wrong in the pits. I think he was good to go with a clean stop, as his pace on track was excellent. I'm sure if they can find their groove and he scores a couple of wins things will start coming together for him long term. He's got a good career ahead of him IMO.

Power usually does well on the tracks left for the season, and he may be back in the drivers seat with the title his to take or lose. Guess we'll see.

One thing is for sure, after a vacation away from IndyCar for me for a while, I'm enjoying the racing again. There is a lot of talent in the current field and they have a great platform to race with. I'm still not a huge fan of the short ultra rough street courses, but they manage to still make good racing out of them.