Page 78 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Considering the difficult terrain in the mountains, and it was their first time, I think it's great! Will only become better from here. Well worth the (small) extra cost over the normal WRC+.
    Argentina is gonna be a problem for the crew.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 191 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    why you need to buy a new tv every year? haven't you heard of software updates ?
    all updates done, tv software and browser also. WRC crew answered that they know this problem and try to resolve it soon...
    With phone and laptop all works so I survive now
    Sääli on sairautta! ;)

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Argentina is gonna be a problem for the crew.

Why? No steep mountains there and nearly no trees so should be good, Corsica is more like MC.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Why? No steep mountains there and nearly no trees so should be good, Corsica is more like MC.
    The Sierras are very very remote. When I went last year, to check the results of the stage you were at you either needed a radio or you'd find out who was leading back at your hotel. Also, I remember hearing that Colin's satellite phone wasn't working. Reception is unheard of and wifi is hard to come by.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    The Sierras are very very remote. When I went last year, to check the results of the stage you were at you either needed a radio or you'd find out who was leading back at your hotel. Also, I remember hearing that Colin's satellite phone wasn't working. Reception is unheard of and wifi is hard to come by.

They said they have a dedicated plane which provides connection for the TV transmission from the cars and the helicopter so it doesn't matter where they are. So I think a bigger problem is interference from weather, buildings or trees.

6. Likes: andyone (29th January 2018),dupanton (28th January 2018),steve.mandzij (28th January 2018)
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarriK View Post
    ok, so I should buy every 2 years 1500Euros TV. Sounds fair, no problem with money!
    AndroidTV OS tv-s are overpriced. With a box(mibox, shield etc) you can turn every "dumb tv" to smart tv.

8. Likes: andyone (1st February 2018),sonnybobiche (28th January 2018)
    Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salamaja View Post
    AndroidTV OS tv-s are overpriced. With a box(mibox, shield etc) you can turn every "dumb tv" to smart tv.
    Amazon Fire TV Stick turns every TV with HDMI port into a smart TV and costs 39 Euros.
    The stream on the WRC App for Fire TV worked 4 days without any error.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Potentially, it could be very good. However, I got the feeling they've rushed it so that it's ready for the start of the Monte. When you're offering a paid 'premium' service, it simply HAS to work.
    Live stages are nothing new; it's 7 years since we had all but one stage of the Monte live on TV....with the technology now available, they need to be offering a lot more.
    As an aside, I do think they need to offer more 'free to air' content; one free live stage on RedBullTV isn't enough. If you want to attract more followers, then currently what they offer ain't enough. It's a competitive market out, and lots of series provide free streaming....
    All your remarks (and those of Eigthgear) make total sense, but somehow we should be inspired by Revman enthusiasm; there’s no doubt WRC is in great shape and All Live is a major advance. They both can be improved, but they’ll never be perfect, so let’s enjoy them the most we can!
    Rally addict since 1982

11. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th March 2018),the sniper (28th January 2018)
    Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
    Overall "all live" looks promising and i think i will keep my subscription after the free trial ends. I would like to point out one (IMHO) big problem, which was present in all live stages and powerstages in recent years, and was still present on Monte. During the live stage i want to visualy follow interesting drivers, who are in some kind of fight for position or they need to attack from any other reason. That way i, as a spectator, am witnessing the drama of brilliant drive or possible mistake. Instaead of this i am now for 70% of the stage following first car on the road, which on the 2nd and 3rd day of the rally is almost surely someone who had problems and is out of contention or some gentleman driver. Try to remember how long we watched Khalid Al Qassimi on Live TV stages last year (nothing against him, but his driving really is not spectacular enough nor important for the "story" of the Rally). We were lucky to have Breen on Monte in this position, who was at least interesting to watch, but he was not important person for the rally. I can imagine, it is technicaly easiest way to follow first driver on the stage all the way to the finish and then cath every next car on last few kms of the stage. but this scheme will be much more problematic when we are All Live. In recent years we were happy to see any few kms live and it was not as important who we watch. But now when we can follow all stages and the story, it will soon become really dull and frustrating to watch mostly cars which are out of contention. Otherwise thanks to everybody involved. Good job done. I am sure they know that it is not finished and there is a lot to improve.

13. Likes: andyone (1st February 2018),b3637853 (30th January 2018),dimviii (30th January 2018),PLuto (29th January 2018),RS (30th January 2018),seb_sh (30th January 2018),sindroms (31st January 2018)
    Liked 9,345 Times in 4,963 Posts
    Well said @kubiczech.

Hopefully in time we will have multi-screen access (like F1 has) and we can choose how and who to watch. Also an audio option for Pure Sound must come.