Page 39 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    Last week I subscribed to WRC+ for one month to try it. I don't think I'm going to renew, because...

- The 3x 1 hour of live rallying is not very good. They manage to put in about 50% filler, like interviews they've shown before and the celebrity drifting for the third or fourth time. And the commentator just will not shut up when there is nothing to say.

- The highlights are pretty ordinary. At the end of the highlights I don't have any sense of why driver X has moved from 3rd to 4th or whatever. There is no insight to it, nobody on this show is going to become a respected sports journalist. They miss a lot of actual highlights that I can see for free on social media, uploaded by spectators. And again there is a lot of repeat footage. It's not terrible, it would be OK on free TV for the general public, but for paying subscribers (i.e. enthusiasts) I would like more careful and intelligent coverage.

- The basic video quality is inadequate. It's OK resolution, but not enough bitrate for high motion. Many fan uploads to youtube are quite a lot better.

- I think the best part is the onboard footage. Well, except when the sound disappears. I might pay 10 euros a year for this, but not fifty.

Still, maybe Sweden will change my mind.
    Dont forget, that you must unsubscribe if you dont want to pay next month...

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Just cancelled my WRC+ ... just not worth having and hopefully if more of us do this they will take note and improve...

But I wont hold my breath.
    #M-SPORTER

3. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2016)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Even Ogier has a GOPRO in the middle of the seats now so no excuses to have it where it is now really
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

5. Likes: mousti (24th January 2016),stefanvv (24th January 2016)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    somebody must sent them a mail with a link to this conversation here.
    Doubt if it helps though.
    Personally i dont bother.
    For most of rallies, i find everything on social media.Faster, more,and better.
    To watch an incar where the position of camera doesnt help to understand if the driver has the right line,or how close he is to the edge of road,doesnt help my needs for watching it.
    But thats only me.
    About rally radio,i want more informations that i dont know,and not something i already know,and not bla-bla about everything.

Everybody at this wrc circus is amateur.
    I am pretty sure that some guys from here can provide much better info,before and during the rally.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I sent them e-mail a few months ago with proposition to change onboard camera angle. Never got reply...

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    I signed up at Rally Australia to follow Paddon. And to be honest I am totally disappointed with it. I'm going to cancel my subscription. I dont really see what extra value I get for the money. Highlight vids which arent that great, some onboard of crap quality, and live stages which arent that great either. I can follow the times live, and live text for free which is the main thing to follow during a rally. I just dont see the value in it...

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    Last week I subscribed to WRC+ for one month to try it. I don't think I'm going to renew, because...

- The 3x 1 hour of live rallying is not very good. They manage to put in about 50% filler, like interviews they've shown before and the celebrity drifting for the third or fourth time. And the commentator just will not shut up when there is nothing to say.
    Did you just say that the last two livestages also have the pre season interviews which was already featured in the pre season review & the celeb event..?

Shame on you, WRC..

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    This is the kind of image quality the WRC should aim for, not that useless stone age stuff they even have the nerve to ask money for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBbKvt_45Xg

and of course to offer better camera angles.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I'll will be dropping an email to the team at WRC TV with most of your words regarding feedback. If you'd like to add any more please do.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I'll will be dropping an email to the team at WRC TV with most of your words regarding feedback. If you'd like to add any more please do.
    Yes, tell them to answer the emails and to not steal money to people, even if they do it in an underhand legally way.

BTW, I appreciate your gesture but really, it is crazy that they are not reading this thread (and other forums thread about WRC+) by themself.
    It is recognized as the most cheaper and easy way to understand users will. So if they have not done it before they will never follow our suggestions now.