Page 30 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Hmm, I replied yesterday but apparently mods never approved it.

The stages usually run in pretty remote areas, so mobile connections simply don't work well enough (yet). Especially as they get blocked by the fans if they work. I think some privateer tried that in Monte 2-3 years ago, but most of the time it didn't work.

For broadcasting normally you would need a helicopter above every car you want to broadcast, a plane above everything and a satellite connection. So that would be even more expensive than a normal live stage with 1 or 2 helicopters.

Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post

The stages usually run in pretty remote areas, so mobile connections simply don't work well enough (yet). Especially as they get blocked by the fans if they work. I think some privateer tried that in Monte 2-3 years ago, but most of the time it didn't work.

For broadcasting normally you would need a helicopter above every car you want to broadcast, a plane above everything and a satellite connection. So that would be even more expensive than a normal live stage with 1 or 2 helicopters.
    Also there is need to supervise the onboards. Broadcast should have to be delayed by at least 1-2 minutes so if something really bad happens the supervisor could put them offline.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post

Thanks for the explanation Googol. So, when we see live onboard during live stages it is possible only because of an helicopter or something else above or near that car?

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    That's my understanding. If you google (apparently I can't post links with so few posts) "how the tour de france is broadcast" there should be a cyclingtips link about how Tour de France is broadcast. If you place onboard cameras in place of camera motorcycles I think that's pretty much how rally is broadcast.

Tour de France has riders usually in 1-2 pretty compact positions so they need only 2 relay helicopters, but in rally each car can be 2-5 km from each other, so I have no idea if 1 helicopter could be used for 2 cars for example.

Liked 9,353 Times in 4,968 Posts
    I see WRC+ has taken my payment for December (I forgot to cancel after WRGB) ... but at least I have been able to watch the video 'Colin McRae - Early Years' which I haven't seen before.

Some excellent footage which I dont remember from the other McRae videos I've got.. and some of the on-boards are amazing !

Well worth a view for his 20th Anniversary.

https://plus.wrc.com/highlights/all/...e-early-years/
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,353 Times in 4,968 Posts
    Great... WRC+ is now free for 30 days !

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/decem...4--12-12-.html
    #M-SPORTER

7. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (18th December 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    just registered...

you mean there are people who actually pay for such service ??? LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL its atrocious !!

9. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (18th December 2015)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I have it only for the onboard videos, it's useful to see onboards from the years before when you prepare to visit rallies. Apart from that it's certainly not worth it's money, indeed.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Even better if you have IDM.. :P

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I have it only for the onboard videos, it's useful to see onboards from the years before when you prepare to visit rallies. Apart from that it's certainly not worth it's money, indeed.
    Some onboards are available through youtube, the quality of the image is ridiculously low, i doubt its 420p even. If it was a free service it would be acceptable, but to pay for quality standards that were not even acceptable in the 90s is a farce. Camera position is shit, quality is shit and interface is shit !!! when you get onboard footage with superior quality from privateers it is unacceptable that the OFFICIAL promoter of THE BEST MOTORSPORT in world cannot reproduce them at least.

They even have a camera to point at the drivers face ? are they doing this on purpose or they are that useless ??? I would really like to see who thought of this and the brainstorming session that ensued...

- Ok guys we need to talk camera angles
    - What about pointing the camera to the face of a sweating, lip bitting man all the time moving his hands erratically without the specator knowing how the car reacts ?
    - Dammit Gary you nailed it son !!!!! Give this man a voucher for a free lobotomy...
    Last edited by N.O.T; 18th December 2015 at 23:47.

13. Likes: AL14 (19th December 2015),EightGear (19th December 2015),tommeke_B (18th December 2015)