Page 53 of 295 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Becs Williams:
    WRC Live radio does indeed continue on in 2018 and we will also be integrating into the new 'All Live' product. Myself, @voiceofrally @EmyrPenlan and @go2lisa will all be there for you in 2018. We are looking forward to exciting times ahead!

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Arghhhh that's a horrible thought.. Desborough comms on all the live stages !!

Please let us have a 'pure sound' feed option.

3. Likes: Eli (12th January 2018),sonnybobiche (12th January 2018)
    Liked 1,831 Times in 708 Posts
    I know we've been waiting for a while but I still can't believe this is actually happening, it's amazing! Hopefully the coverage and commentators will be good!

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    The news is great and the new features are very welcome.
    Let's see how it will be in Monte
    Last edited by AL14; 12th January 2018 at 00:08.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Letīs hope you are right...
    I was right
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

7. Likes: sonnybobiche (12th January 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I was right
    You don't hear that often....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. Likes: AL14 (12th January 2018),EightGear (12th January 2018),seb_sh (14th January 2018),sonnybobiche (12th January 2018),steve.mandzij (12th January 2018)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post

I hope they tie it in with WRC Radio and I don't have to listen to more Jon Desborough...
    Really? That's what I fear the most, that the studio segments will basically be WRC Radio with a camera. It's already so banal and leashed. Aside from the sort of news that you can also get from reading the "text updates", you can be sure that absolutely nothing interesting will be said. They're insiders! They hear rumors all the time! They have their own opinions! Why are they so pathologically afraid of saying anything interesting or controversial? Are they that desperate to keep getting invited to the Citroen VIP area for lunch?

What made the Red Bull TV coverage such a breath of fresh air was not that they had interviews or better graphics. It was that the hosts and interviews were actually mildly interesting and said mildly interesting things. They didn't sound like they were afraid for their jobs if they said something that upset someone. Movistar+ in Spain has a really great one hour panel discussion after each rally with regular guests like Luis Moya, Carlos Del Barrio, and WRC reporters. All they do is talk about real inside info, gossip, speculation, predictions, funny stories, opinions. It's fantastic! Here's a random episode from a few years back: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27gfhy

There is absolutely zero reason why the English-language coverage has to be so stale in comparison. You need people who will speak their minds. Mike Chen, Colin Clark, Nicky Grist, Martin Holmes. Not necessarily those four, but people like them. Sit them down at a big table, point the camera, and just let them go at it. If the live commentary ends up being Jon Desborough making puns and the studio segments are Becs Williams talking about the weather as they were flying in, telling us the next stage start time, and not acknowledging in any way that some spectator just got hit by a car on live TV, I will unsubscribe.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (12th January 2018),EightGear (12th January 2018),Eli (12th January 2018),NickRally (12th January 2018),Rally Power (16th January 2018),seb_sh (14th January 2018),steve.mandzij (12th January 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Ben Constanduros sent several tweets yesterday about the WRCplus All Live announcements. Ben was a breath of fresh air when he filled in as part of commentary team for 1 or 2 rounds last year. Could he possibly be part of the new WRC + All Live presenting team ?
    His twitter account is @BenConsty if you want to see what he tweeted yesterday.
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Only a minor point, but still a plus point for me; It'll be nice to watch a live stage again where the top guys get the most air time/ coverage. (On the first day)

Bugs me a little always seeing the likes of Sheikh Khalid crawling through a stage on the Saturday or Sunday, and getting the most coverage compared to the top guys coming behind. Then you see in full screen Khalid or whoever it is pulling up to the stop line, taking ages to take their helmet off and then doing an interview when plenty of action is being missed. At least minimise some of the drivers interviews in a smaller screen with audio, while showing us live pictures of the main guys blasting through the stage in a bigger screen. It's not difficult.

14. Likes: seb_sh (14th January 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Only a minor point, but still a plus point for me; It'll be nice to watch a live stage again where the top guys get the most air time/ coverage. (On the first day)

Bugs me a little always seeing the likes of Sheikh Khalid crawling through a stage on the Saturday or Sunday, and getting the most coverage compared to the top guys coming behind. Then you see in full screen Khalid or whoever it is pulling up to the stop line, taking ages to take their helmet off and then doing an interview when plenty of action is being missed. At least minimise some of the drivers interviews in a smaller screen with audio, while showing us live pictures of the main guys blasting through the stage in a bigger screen. It's not difficult.

I think the live stages are timed in the way that they can show all cars through all onstage cameras at the end of the stage. The first cars are shown for a longer time through onboard and helicopter, but once the first car gets to the finish the broadcast goes to the normal rhythm of showing a re-run of the start and then going back to the live action. Also, for the top runners on the power stage the start interval is up to 5 minutes so we get extra time for post stage interviews without colliding with next car live action.

However, I don't think this new all stages live will be a similar production as the saturday live stage or power stage. It will be just drones, onboards and helicopter with split times, commentary and post stage interviews. Kind of like expanded WRC radio.

But I agree that it sucks that we usually get to see more minutes of an uninteresting driver.

16. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th January 2018)