Page 82 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Yes, they changed the layout a few days ago and now you can no longer go back and watch the All Live coverage from Monte Carlo.

I am hoping that it was just a bug or an oversight on their part. If their plan is to only make the All Live coverage available to stream until the start of the following rally, that's kind of unacceptable in my opinion.

What does it cost, anyway? Some storage space on a server somewhere? I know the Promoter is a tight bugger, but come on...
    I've been thinking about reasons why and comparing it too things like NFL game pass and NBA. WIth the US ones you are only able to get the yearly pass, if you go the monthly route you are required to go the full 12 months. However with the Rally you can get 1 month and cancel after the month, so I suppose they want to prevent people from getting it in December and watching the whole year in a month and saving money?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bf1_IRL View Post
    If you go the Schedule bit, it will let you select the rallies.. difficult to pick out which live stream is which.. some say to upgrade to watch all and the next one works..
    Yeah that only has a few stages not every stage. Oh well.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Still got a feeling that timetable will be big issue... That rallysafe is worse than previous system. There at least it's been shown. Here you get nothing and when you get it's all wrong and incorrect..

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Maybe eWRC should bid for the next contract

5. Likes: sonnybobiche (15th February 2018)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Bloody disaster so far.

New lead presenter (why?) who doesn't seem to know anything about the sport.

Desborough going from co-presenter, where he was actually good, back to color commentary, where he just doesn't work well.

Lightpods blinding the cameras to the point where not even the commentators can make out what's going on, and yet nobody can think to tell the drivers to turn them off? Or adjust the cameras?

Fancy new timing supplier that can't even manage to provide live timing on a short superspecial, so nobody at home can tell who's up and who's down.
    Just get a cameraman at the finish line so we can at least tell who won each heat!

And throughout it all, a commentary team that for whatever reason can't bring themselves to say, "we apologise to the viewers. We are clearly suffering from some technical issues and we're doing our best to get it working. In the meantime here is what we believe are the standings so far..." A brand new viewer would think that this is how things normally are and would swear off the sport forever.

I understand it's not easy to get all of this right, but it's so frustrating to see.

If the live timing doesn't work tomorrow, somebody needs to be fired. Not disciplined, fired.
    Last edited by sonnybobiche; 15th February 2018 at 22:55.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts

Fancy new timing supplier that can't even manage to provide live timing on a short superspecial, so nobody at home can tell who's up and who's down.
    Just get a cameraman at the finish line so we can at least tell who won each heat!

If the live timing doesn't work tomorrow, somebody needs to be fired. Not disciplined, fired.
    Timing works well. All time pop-up quite fast. Trouble that now graphic times on TV screen it's TV director issue, not timing system.

8. Likes: pantealex (16th February 2018),sonnybobiche (16th February 2018)
    Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Bloody disaster so far.

New lead presenter (why?) who doesn't seem to know anything about the sport.

Desborough going from co-presenter, where he was actually good, back to color commentary, where he just doesn't work well.

Lightpods blinding the cameras to the point where not even the commentators can make out what's going on, and yet nobody can think to tell the drivers to turn them off? Or adjust the cameras?

And throughout it all, a commentary team that for whatever reason can't bring themselves to say, "we apologise to the viewers. We are clearly suffering from some technical issues and we're doing our best to get it working. In the meantime here is what we believe are the standings so far..." A brand new viewer would think that this is how things normally are and would swear off the sport forever.

I understand it's not easy to get all of this right, but it's so frustrating to see.

Do you know what is heartbreaking for me? I just came through the live SSS and I can't help but notice that there is no hope they will ever stop framing the wheels so tightly you can't even see the cars! (see the left and right bends respectively before and after the SSS bridge, for instance). They should forget about all this "artistic" sh*t and just focus on the action!!! All other sports use larger and normal takes (more like the amateurs' ones) that don't make you feel sick by zooming in and out so wildly. Imagine them filming a soccer match and framing only the players' shoes... Slowmo, falling gopros and all other cinematographic tricks are captivating for advertisments. They are really nice as appetizers but it's exactly the contrary when the cars are on the stages. That's the main reason why I chose motorsportfilmer and the other uploaders over wrc+ as my official wrc broadcasters They should buy their thrilling videos since they upload in no time and in very high quality (actually they use their work right now when something get lost). For what it concerns advertising purposes, just separately embed two minutes of publicity instead of placing the cameras on straights to include the banner, recording pointless images. I heared that tv spectators' attention is so focused on cars and motorbikes in circuit racing that they almost don't notice the banner (You may have noticed that by yourself).

Just my thoughts. Don't be too harsh

10. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2018),sonnybobiche (16th February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Timing works well. All time pop-up quite fast. Trouble that now graphic times on TV screen it's TV director issue, not timing system.
    And why was there Kristoffersson leading for a long time when actually Tidemand set the fastest time. Then half of RC2 drivers didn't show up on official site until others start. Then again stopped for a while with Paddon's time. And all that follows was then delayed too much. That system is crap until they fix it properly.

12. Likes: sonnybobiche (16th February 2018)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanremo View Post
    Do you know what is heartbreaking for me? I just came through the live SSS and I can't help but notice that there is no hope they will ever stop framing the wheels so tightly you can't even see the cars! (see the left and right bends respectively before and after the SSS bridge, for instance). They should forget about all this "artistic" sh*t and just focus on the action!!! All other sports use larger and normal takes (more like the amateurs' ones) that don't make you feel sick by zooming in and out so wildly. Imagine them filming a soccer match and framing only the players' shoes... Slowmo, falling gopros and all other cinematographic tricks are captivating for advertisments. They are really nice as appetizers but it's exactly the contrary when the cars are on the stages. That's the main reason why I chose motorsportfilmer and the other uploaders over wrc+ as my official wrc broadcasters They should buy their thrilling videos since they upload in no time and in very high quality (actually they use their work right now when something get lost). For what it concerns advertising purposes, just separately embed two minutes of publicity instead of placing the cameras on straights to include the banner, recording pointless images. I heared that tv spectators' attention is so focused on cars and motorbikes in circuit racing that they almost don't notice the banner (You may have noticed that by yourself).

Just my thoughts. Don't be too harsh

Oh man, don't get me started on video quality. They technically stream in "HD" (actually 720p, which I guess was considered HD 5-10 years ago), but the compression is so barbaric that it ends up having lower detail than a 480p video. I guess it saves them a few cents on bandwidth, but I mean some of the onboards have less detail than they did in the early 2000s! They spend tens of thousands of euros on giant cameras and lenses that could capture microscopic detail, but the final product literally looks worse than what some guy uploads onto youtube from his iPhone for free. But yeah, I don't want to complain too much about that yet. There are more basic problems to sort out first.

14. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2018),Sanremo (16th February 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    What happened to the blonde presenter from Monte? She was good

16. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th March 2018)