Page 38 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    The audio on the Monte onboards last year was garbage too.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    The audio on the Monte onboards last year was garbage too.
    Second loop of day 1 stages only.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I must say that regarding Monte I am disappointed with WRC+ and live coverage, again...

4. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2016),RS (24th January 2016)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I must say that regarding Monte I am disappointed with WRC+ and live coverage, again...
    No live stages during Friday & Saturday. Why not?? The event was virtually over when they had the live stages today. I'm sorry, but they're not doing enough.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (24th January 2016)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    No live stages during Friday & Saturday. Why not?? The event was virtually over when they had the live stages today. I'm sorry, but they're not doing enough.
    It was also quite boring. I don't know if it's the way they edit it, or the camera positions or what, but I didn't particularly enjoy this weekend's coverage. Glad I'm not paying for it anymore.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Reason why I didn't extend. Onboard position sucks + quality. It was advertised they would do 3 live SS every rally, not furfilled + lot of mickey Mouse stages. Etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    Reason why I didn't extend. Onboard position sucks + quality. It was advertised they would do 3 live SS every rally, not furfilled + lot of mickey Mouse stages. Etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
    3 live stages isn't that much either if it is the same pattern - some city stage at beginning and repeating the powerstage at Sunday. Even this we didn't see last year. The new this year are interviews we've already seen elsewhere couple of times in the middle of the driving. Boring, boring...

On the other hand split and stage times weren't working for me most of the rally, I'm quite disappointed so far. They should concentrate on the quality, rather than fanciness.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 24th January 2016 at 14:03.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

10. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2016),mousti (24th January 2016)
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    So the biggest moment of the rally when Meeke hits the rock and there is no sound on the onboard. Not good enough.

The thing is with WRC+ we all know really its not worth the price, but if nobody pays for it they will stop it and if we carry on as is I doubt we will see progress. All we can do is all pass on "constructive criticism" and hope the WRC promoters listen for a change.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2016)
    Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Last week I subscribed to WRC+ for one month to try it. I don't think I'm going to renew, because...

- The 3x 1 hour of live rallying is not very good. They manage to put in about 50% filler, like interviews they've shown before and the celebrity drifting for the third or fourth time. And the commentator just will not shut up when there is nothing to say.

- The highlights are pretty ordinary. At the end of the highlights I don't have any sense of why driver X has moved from 3rd to 4th or whatever. There is no insight to it, nobody on this show is going to become a respected sports journalist. They miss a lot of actual highlights that I can see for free on social media, uploaded by spectators. And again there is a lot of repeat footage. It's not terrible, it would be OK on free TV for the general public, but for paying subscribers (i.e. enthusiasts) I would like more careful and intelligent coverage.

- The basic video quality is inadequate. It's OK resolution, but not enough bitrate for high motion. Many fan uploads to youtube are quite a lot better.

- I think the best part is the onboard footage. Well, except when the sound disappears. I might pay 10 euros a year for this, but not fifty.

Still, maybe Sweden will change my mind.
    Last edited by Morte66; 24th January 2016 at 15:47.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2016),EightGear (24th January 2016)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85 View Post
    So the biggest moment of the rally when Meeke hits the rock and there is no sound on the onboard. Not good enough.

The thing is with WRC+ we all know really its not worth the price, but if nobody pays for it they will stop it and if we carry on as is I doubt we will see progress. All we can do is all pass on "constructive criticism" and hope the WRC promoters listen for a change.
    They won't listen, they know best.......or they think they do. The coverage hasn't really moved on in the last 10 years; still the same highlights, inane comments, etc

The problem is we, as a collective, put up with it because "it's better than nothing". This has to change - I'm fed up with this attitude in rallying. This is the reason the sport is the way it is.

I've been watching highlights of the IRC 2011 Monte on YouTube....it's better even though it has Carlton Kirby commentating....
    Coverage from 5 years ago is better than what we have now. Not good enough!
    Last edited by AndyRAC; 24th January 2016 at 15:52.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: Allyc85 (24th January 2016),andyone (1st February 2016),dimviii (24th January 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (24th January 2016),Miika (25th January 2016),PLuto (24th January 2016)