Page 91 of 297 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    That's a shame, will give the new one the benefit of the doubt but Kiri was very professional as a moderator and while she was no expert and did some small mistakes it seemed to me she did her homework about WRC.

They are still figuring it out, hope it will improve. The biggest problem for me is they have a vary basic way of showing each care sequentially instead of having a director that shows the interesting parts. This makes the stages seem like a procession of each car going by and getting a time. The broadcast of each stage needs to tell a story, for example if Tanak gets some good splits, show him, he is pushing, then cut back to the guy in front of him, how is he doing and so on. This way instead of showing "Stage 7" where "12 cars went by and each got a time some good some bad an some driver had a spin but we didn't see it" it becomes "Stage 7 where Tanak pushed like hell to overtake Mikkelsen in the standings".

2. Likes: AndyRAC (18th March 2018),b3637853 (19th March 2018),dnb (16th March 2018),EightGear (16th March 2018),MartinMK (17th March 2018),pantealex (17th March 2018),Rally Power (16th March 2018),sonnybobiche (16th March 2018),Timmy (17th March 2018)
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    That's a shame, will give the new one the benefit of the doubt but Kiri was very professional as a moderator and while she was no expert and did some small mistakes it seemed to me she did her homework about WRC.

They are still figuring it out, hope it will improve. The biggest problem for me is they have a vary basic way of showing each care sequentially instead of having a director that shows the interesting parts. This makes the stages seem like a procession of each car going by and getting a time. The broadcast of each stage needs to tell a story, for example if Tanak gets some good splits, show him, he is pushing, then cut back to the guy in front of him, how is he doing and so on. This way instead of showing "Stage 7" where "12 cars went by and each got a time some good some bad an some driver had a spin but we didn't see it" it becomes "Stage 7 where Tanak pushed like hell to overtake Mikkelsen in the standings".
    Bingo. Hit the nail on its head.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

4. Likes: MartinMK (17th March 2018),sonnybobiche (20th March 2018)
    Liked 9,345 Times in 4,963 Posts

Absolutely spot on.

You should email WRC+ with this very simple explanation of what they should be doing.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I've forwarded this comment to the production boss.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

7. Likes: pantealex (17th March 2018),Rally Power (20th March 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I've forwarded this comment to the production boss.
    did you email him ? called him on his mobile or notified him in person ?

Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    This is nice dream and hopefully we see that some day. Currently they just show what ever feed works most flawlessly. They can't cut for something they don't have. To be realistic they are probably never gonna cover those stages to have everything available live. WRC is too small sport to make it profitable.

btw. just watching MotoGP qualifying and even in the small track area they got onboard hickups.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    First they should implement constant splits graphics. Then there's no need to have the splits open in a separate window or screen
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

11. Likes: dimviii (18th March 2018),sonnybobiche (20th March 2018)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Agreed, Kiri Bloore made everyone more professional. Alex, I'm sorry to say, just doesn't work at all as a lead presenter, and her low energy and seeming lack of interest drags everyone else down too. There's been literally zero improvement from Sweden, and in many ways the coverage seemed to get worse.

Now they're changing the presenter again? Messy.
    I wonder if they are trialling a few people - to see who is most comfortable? Problem is, most of the best motorsport presenters are already doing other series, so you have to take a gamble on people who are either knowledgeable about the WRC, and/or comfortable in front of a camera as a lead presenter, whilst not being a WRC expert.
    The WRC has had a cosy 'cartel' of the same people for years and years - it's about time there was some fresh blood; just as long as they're good enough.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

13. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th March 2018)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I wonder if they are trialling a few people - to see who is most comfortable? Problem is, most of the best motorsport presenters are already doing other series, so you have to take a gamble on people who are either knowledgeable about the WRC, and/or comfortable in front of a camera as a lead presenter, whilst not being a WRC expert.
    The WRC has had a cosy 'cartel' of the same people for years and years - it's about time there was some fresh blood; just as long as they're good enough.
    Seems reasonable, but if you get lucky and land someone as good as Bloore the first time out, abort the experiment! Draw up a contract immediately! But instead they bring in someone who was never particularly good in WTCC and they give her two full rallies to get up to snuff. Meanwhile I'm sure Bloore is looking for work elsewhere...

Couldn't agree more about the 'cartel' vibe.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Seems reasonable, but if you get lucky and land someone as good as Bloore the first time out, abort the experiment! Draw up a contract immediately! But instead they bring in someone who was never particularly good in WTCC and they give her two full rallies to get up to snuff. Meanwhile I'm sure Bloore is looking for work elsewhere...

Couldn't agree more about the 'cartel' vibe.
    I was thinking about this. Maybe it's the case that they're just getting presenters who are available at the time of different events, if they all have other commitments too? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they are rotating presenters in and out on an event by event basis, because it's maybe cheaper for them rather than putting a proper contract down with the best presenter for the full season?

Otherwise I agree with you that it doesn't make sense to trial different presenters when you've stumbled on the jackpot, so to speak. Kiri was very good in Monte and would only get better the more events she does.

I hope she comes back as she deserves it, and im guessing she hasn't been binned off as I remember her retweeting during Sweden and Mexico about AllLive and the WRC in general. Doubt she'd be doing that if she was told she'd not be back. Here's hoping anyway.

16. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th March 2018)