Page 103 of 295 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2950

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    How is it so incredible? UK is 10 times larger than Finland and yet they are still 4th*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Well yeah it is as the chart shows, btw Estonia is 5th with a population just a bit over 1.3million.
    For me it's surprising that there is no countries in top 10 outside of Europe expect USA. Language could be the reason for many asian countries but there must be something else going on aswell?
    Finland and Estonia don't surprise me as they're countries as a whole that show great interest, knowledge and respect for rallying. Rallying is completely out of the mainstream spotlight in the UK and I've always thought rallying was very much a niche interest in the USA, though obviously with a population that large even something considered niche can still attract a decent audience.

From a UK perspective though, I think because everything is dwarfed by the media interest/focus on F1 here, us UK fans lose perspective. The WRC TV highlights here on Channel 5 get around 400k to 500k viewers I believe, which relatively isn't a great figure here on terrestrial TV, but as Essaj points out, is equivalent to not far off half the population of Estonia! I also think the UK has a potentially larger audience for the WRC that just isn't being served or recognised by the media. As such, Essaj is probably right, we shouldn't be surprised by All Live's apparent popularity in the UK, particularly when you figure in what I believe is rallying's proportionally higher continued popularity outside of England.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Wrc+

Finnish online service/tv channel Ruutu+ shows the live stages and highlights. Many pay for that for other sports and probably consider that enough of rallying coverage. Something similar in other countries?

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Probably. I also don`t have all-live, because I would be too addicted to it and lose atleast 2.5 days.
    Michelin splits, occasional all-live (radio) feed and a stage or two per day from a regional TV channel is enough.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Probably. I also don`t have all-live, because I would be too addicted to it and lose atleast 2.5 days.
    It acquires taste. I can work at the same time all live is running at the background monitor. But of course sometimes is also useful to watch the split times and not working.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 25th June 2018 at 18:53.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I still think there is a bigger audience but they wont pay for it.

I bet plenty watched when it was free with Promo codes...

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    It acquires taste. I can work at the same time all live is running at the background monitor. But of course sometimes is also useful to watch the split times and not working.
    Depends what you do and where you do it.

Free watchers are definitely a big percentage. One account could handle 2 users simultaneously a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Depends what you do and where you do it.
    Most of the time nothing happens, so it just runs as normal TV program. Of course You hear the commentary and that's enough most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I bet plenty watched when it was free with Promo codes...
    Promo codes are not that You can watch it for free forever. They just attract new subscribers.

But I guess there are people like that, despite their passion for the sport they try to show, are too cheap to pay some money on the service.

I guess an year subscription can be earned in less than a work day for most of the people, at least it is for me.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 25th June 2018 at 20:19.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post

But I guess there are people like that, despite their passion for the sport they try to show, are too cheap to pay some money on the service.

I guess an year subscription can be earned in less than a work day for most of the people, at least it is for me.
    Yeah, I bet those that watched for free on promo but stopped when it stopped didnt do so because they disliked WRC+...

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yeah, I bet those that watched for free on promo but stopped when it stopped didnt do so because they disliked WRC+...
    If someone doesn't like it, it's his own business, doesn't need to repeat it 100 times on a forum, people stop reading after the second repeat anyway.

I like it enough for the money.

Somehow it doesn't fit to beat Your chest that You actually watched for free, but now You have to pay and don't like this service, but still watched when it was "for free".
    Last edited by stefanvv; 25th June 2018 at 21:49.