Page 254 of 297 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    After a break of not really following the rallies on WRC+, I've been watching the last few nearly from start to finish. And I'd like to complain. Ok, Molly doing the service park bits was a nice breeze of fresh air. But the commentary team needs a serious shake up. Most of the time it feels so generic that they might as well be comparing washing powder. Only Porter can not carry it. Often it feels like they know as little as the viewer who doesn't follow anything else besides the All Live.

When All Live started, it felt like there was ambition. Now it just feels like 9 to 5 job and no ambition.
    Amen!

I only have wrc plus cause of live maps.

Haven’t watched alllive since 2021 when Go3 and TV3 Sport channel got the rights and started to broadcast. Much better and more fun feed

They really need new commentators for alllive
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: cali (18th July 2022),Eli (18th July 2022),flat_right (18th July 2022),Portimao (19th July 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Naturally there is a delay. What you have seen on All live in reality happened many, many seconds ago. Delay is because of transmission and also live is delayed to allow director to switch in time to correct camera or cut the stream from camera in case something bad happen (like Suninen in Portugal). So in fact what you can see happened +- 30 seconds ago...
    A broadcast delay makes perfect sense. A production delay does not. The director is not saying "run the graphics, and Paul you talk about this in 30 seconds time."
    Last edited by WRCStan; 18th July 2022 at 13:25.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Another issue is the ERC events now being covered by the same people and commentators. It all getting much too samey.

Previously we had Chris Rawes who did it with Julian Porter and they were great on radio and the odd live YT stage and I miss that different way and feel.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (19th July 2022),TWRC (18th July 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    With 4G connection in the woods we counted almost 2 min of delay on stageside.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    Yes more like 2 min from my experience too.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

7. Likes: cali (18th July 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    I've thought about this a lot over the last couple of months / events. Is WRC All Live really worth it?

How many people actually sit and watch it for the whole weekend? As in, every second it's online?

How many people find out what they need to find out about an event from it (as opposed to on social media)?

How much of what is being broadcast is truly interesting, breathtaking, spectacular stuff (as a proportion of the time it's on-air)?

How much do people enjoy seeing and hearing the same talking heads saying basically the same things event after event?

Is it really worth forcing events to follow an itinerary and timetable that suits being 'All Live', to the detriment of practically every person actually involved in the event? Are so many people watching it that it makes sense for crews to be in their cars for 12-14 hours some days just to do around 120 competitive km? That's before we even speak about the utterly mental hours some mechanics / engineers have to do...

Does watching hours of (mostly) pretty ordinary onboard footage with hardly anything happening, Julian Porter chatting over the top of it, and 1/100 stage end 'interviews' being of any interest at all, give us any more than rally radio and an hourly highlights / catch-up show would do?

Don't get me wrong. I like it, and I'm sad enough to have it running from dawn til dusk during events, regardless of my apathy toward the commentary team. I can understand the value it has for teams too, to be able to see in real time how their cars / crews are performing.

But... is what we have in 2022 any better than in 2012, or 2002, or even 1992?

9. Likes: AndyRAC (19th July 2022),lancia037 (21st July 2022),Lead (19th July 2022),PLuto (19th July 2022)
    Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    And now imagine that all of this is being produced for ERC as well. That is overkill IMHO. And just like you, I have All Live running basically all day on my TV.

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
    You said it all

Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    I've thought about this a lot over the last couple of months / events. Is WRC All Live really worth it?

How many people actually sit and watch it for the whole weekend? As in, every second it's online?

How many people find out what they need to find out about an event from it (as opposed to on social media)?

How much of what is being broadcast is truly interesting, breathtaking, spectacular stuff (as a proportion of the time it's on-air)?

How much do people enjoy seeing and hearing the same talking heads saying basically the same things event after event?

Is it really worth forcing events to follow an itinerary and timetable that suits being 'All Live', to the detriment of practically every person actually involved in the event? Are so many people watching it that it makes sense for crews to be in their cars for 12-14 hours some days just to do around 120 competitive km? That's before we even speak about the utterly mental hours some mechanics / engineers have to do...

Does watching hours of (mostly) pretty ordinary onboard footage with hardly anything happening, Julian Porter chatting over the top of it, and 1/100 stage end 'interviews' being of any interest at all, give us any more than rally radio and an hourly highlights / catch-up show would do?

Don't get me wrong. I like it, and I'm sad enough to have it running from dawn til dusk during events, regardless of my apathy toward the commentary team. I can understand the value it has for teams too, to be able to see in real time how their cars / crews are performing.

But... is what we have in 2022 any better than in 2012, or 2002, or even 1992?
    Think you answered your own question in the penultimate paragraph!

But I guess a lot of people don't watch it live - but sit down when they feel like it and select what they want to watch. Horses for courses.

Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    I am one of those who try to have WRC+ in the background as long as possible during the rally days. But after watching Estonia, just partly, i could not get out of the feeling that it all starts to look boring, predictable, even artificial. I also think thag WRC+ is annoying since day one, e.g. results and driver comments I am checking only via E-Wrc app.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Another issue is the ERC events now being covered by the same people and commentators. It all getting much too samey.

Previously we had Chris Rawes who did it with Julian Porter and they were great on radio and the odd live YT stage and I miss that different way and feel.
    During last ERC rounds, in the service area I have heard many times, that rally radio was better than All Live...