Page 69 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Yes agree. And onboards shown only of Ogier, Tanak, Breen, Lappi and Mikkelsen. Second stage only map. I almost fall asleep. And on first stage all that one woman was talking about that she doesn't know what tires they have super soft or soft... What a joke. No times at all even at live timing sections. Live text delayed. Presenters didn't know anything. Boring interviews... Hope that tomorrow will be better.

Liked 1,471 Times in 839 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Yes agree. And onboards shown only of Ogier, Tanak, Breen, Lappi and Mikkelsen. Second stage only map. I almost fall asleep. And on first stage all that one woman was talking about that she doesn't know what tires they have super soft or soft... What a joke. No times at all even at live timing sections. Live text delayed. Presenters didn't know anything. Boring interviews... Hope that tomorrow will be better.
    I actually fell asleep during the second stage and missed like half of it 'cause my eyes couldn't continue on seeing a rotating green map all the time...they should have just let Red-Bull TV do the full coverage honestly, bring some Mike Chen, some special guests and walla it will improve dramaticly. One thing on the bright side of the live coverage, John didn't call Meeke 'The man from Dungannon'....
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

3. Likes: AndyRAC (25th January 2018)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Just read through all the moaning in the Monte thread but I honestly believe there was a lot of promise shown in what we saw tonight, I really enjoyed it. Even with the problems they still managed to get the Ogier moment out and various other onboards, the quality of which seemed to get more consistent later on in the broadcast of SS1. Breen's onboard in particular held up very well. SS2 was a bit more unfortunate but I still preferred that to just Rally Radio. Getting all the live comments when they arrived back at service (shown almost Ted Kravitz F1 notebook style) was great too. Being able to see Ogier's moment and Tommi's interview were the highlights of the experience!

I always felt Jon Desborough would be better in a presenter style role, with him really not being suited to commentary, but I think the role he played here tonight really worked and suited his style. Hopefully everybody stays in the roles they undertook tonight as I think everyone played their part well, particularly the main female present who seemed confident in the role and will only get better.

5. Likes: er88 (26th January 2018),seb_sh (26th January 2018),sonnybobiche (26th January 2018)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Just read through all the moaning in the Monte thread but I honestly believe there was a lot of promise shown in what we saw tonight, I really enjoyed it.
    I agree and disagree with you in parts mate.

Pros; I agree that there is definitely a lot of potential there, and was very pleased with the new female presenter and Jon in the studio. The commentary was actually pretty good too and Paul King was better than when doing the highlight shows. The onboards steadily improved but only for certain cars. Still a bit too much talking over the on-board footage but that's just to be expected by now. The Julian porter 'walk through' with the drivers at the end was great, and hearing Tanak and his engineer speaking was for me the best part of the night! I liked the live interviews with the drivers and team bosses.

Cons;
    :Having Molly down at the start line didn't work due to them dwelling on the start too long and her "I'm not sure whether he's on softs or super softs" rhetoric (I like her and she will be an asset for the All Live team, but tonight wasn't great). It could be a nice feature to have a presenter down at the start of the first stage of each rally/day, but go split screen so we don't miss out on the action in the stage and don't do it on most stages.
    :The god awful background music that kept playing was an annoyance, and the second stage was a shambles looking at that rotating map with no live feed whatsoever - but hopefully that was just a first day glitch.
    :They really, really need to stop with the pre recorded interviews of drivers once the stage is live though. I mean fucking hell, if you're going to show interviews show them before the stage starts, or in a tiny screen in the corner so we can keep watching the live stage. As someone on here posted, they don't show clips of footballers giving interviews when a match has started.
    :The quality of onboards can and does need to increase. I know this is rallying and you can be up a mountain or in forest, but when you charge for content it has to be the best it can be, and tonight it wasn't.
    :Also disappointed with the lack of stage end interviews, especially on the first stage.
    :And most of all, we missed most of the drama! We missed Neuville's, Tanak's, Breen's, Latvala's and Meeke's offs and didn't see replays.

I think having a helicopter up will help the production a lot and there's some very small changes that can be made which will dramatically improve the coverage. What I care about most is watching the guys in the stage when live, and seeing as much of them as possible whether through onboards or with the helicopter too. Keep it simple in that regard and build on the good points, and we could have a great product here. Tomorrow will be a better indicator I'm sure.

* Also I totally understand all the moaning earlier, I myself did a lot of it. But when you're waiting in anticipation for the start of the season and have it in your head you'll be able to see it 'ALL Live', it got incredibly frustrating. Especially as the first stage was full of huge drama. Some people also paid a lot of money for it, so would be doubly annoyed. Particularly in the heat of the moment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by er88; 26th January 2018 at 02:59.

7. Likes: b3637853 (26th January 2018),Micke_VOC (26th January 2018),seb_sh (26th January 2018),sonnybobiche (26th January 2018),the sniper (26th January 2018)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Let's see what today brings, i hope at least technically that the coverage improves. I think the problem with the format is they (the director? producer?) have not switched mentally from a "recorded summary" to "broadcasting a live sporting event". Also about the interviews, to me that smells of someone in a meeting saying "we need to show the drivers talking in order to make them well known to the fans" and this is what they came up with. We keep saying it but they really need to change their editing, especially now that they have those service area scenes.

Some thoughts:
    - The new presenter lady is very good at her job, she was almost flawless, I didn't cringe at all.
    - Desborough is actually not bad in a "pundit" role where he can provide color and context commentary.
    - Provided they will be better technically, they need more commentators (get Mike Chen) and especially they need some former rally drivers/co-drivers
    - I liked seeing stuff from the service area between stages and interviews with teams saying how the stage went.
    - They need better on screen graphics - this is a big one - stuff like constant rolling intervals and splits, a graphic showing tyre choice - stuff like that

9. Likes: AnttiL (26th January 2018),sonnybobiche (16th February 2018)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    I keep comparing this to IRC Monte 2011, and it falls short of thatl Also, I cannot find any way to look at the stage "Re-Live". Will that "Re-Live" just be for the normal broadcasted ones?

11. Likes: PLuto (26th January 2018),sonnybobiche (28th January 2018)
    Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    I keep comparing this to IRC Monte 2011, and it falls short of thatl Also, I cannot find any way to look at the stage "Re-Live". Will that "Re-Live" just be for the normal broadcasted ones?
    You can watch any part re live, just click on the selected part in the broadcast schedule below the live-stream.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Disappointed about yesterdays broadcast, I hope it was due to technical problems.
    Today started good though, interesting live from servicepark with the interviews etc.

14. Likes: seb_sh (26th January 2018)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    You can watch any part re live, just click on the selected part in the broadcast schedule below the live-stream.
    I tried, didn't work. Probably due to me having deactivated some java stuff. Oh well.

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Yesterday wrc smart tv app worked fine but today worked 10 minuts and now shows text, upgrade now to watch all stages live. Strange, other options working