Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,045 of 1045

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,967 Times in 901 Posts
    The director of All Live probably often has to choose the signal that is working the best. The onboards seem to cut quite often. And I think the onboards are working by an aeroplane flying over the stage, acting as a receiver to the transmitters in the cars. If the plane is too far or the terrain is blocking, the signal does not work. This is probably the reason why the Saturday Ittiri stage wasn't shown on All Live in Sardegna, the plane wasn't there. In F1 this is a lot easier because the cars never go that far from the receivers, whose positions can be optimized and tested beforehand.

Another current sport which allows multi camera viewing is soccer, but again, it's not like you can choose which player to focus on, you have like the main view and then a couple of special angles.

2. Likes: pantealex (27th June 2018),sindroms (27th June 2018)
    Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The director of All Live probably often has to choose the signal that is working the best. The onboards seem to cut quite often. And I think the onboards are working by an aeroplane flying over the stage, acting as a receiver to the transmitters in the cars. If the plane is too far or the terrain is blocking, the signal does not work. This is probably the reason why the Saturday Ittiri stage wasn't shown on All Live in Sardegna, the plane wasn't there. In F1 this is a lot easier because the cars never go that far from the receivers, whose positions can be optimized and tested beforehand.

Another current sport which allows multi camera viewing is soccer, but again, it's not like you can choose which player to focus on, you have like the main view and then a couple of special angles.
    Yes the main player here is then Qassimi. Shown for about 1 hour and then rest of the field for minute and some others cutted.

Liked 770 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

Correct, the plane has a footprint of around 10km so with 2min intervall you would have usually 2-3 cars within that i guess. I can't think another live broadcasted sport that has competitors spread out like in rallying, Tour De France probably has a spread of around 5km max....?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

5. Likes: pantealex (27th June 2018)
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,205 Times in 2,248 Posts
    An option I want is 'pure sound' with no commentary, just the car noise or OB co-drivers notes. Surely that wouldn't cost anything or be difficult to do ?

(You get this on Sky F1 when you watch a driver OB).
    The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 917 Times in 643 Posts
    I wish I could tell You that somebody cares about this, but....

You can watch all onboards with pure sounds as much as You like, until Your head falls off.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 28th June 2018 at 13:28.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI