Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
How is it so incredible? UK is 10 times larger than Finland and yet they are still 4th*.
Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
Well yeah it is as the chart shows, btw Estonia is 5th with a population just a bit over 1.3million.
For me it's surprising that there is no countries in top 10 outside of Europe expect USA. Language could be the reason for many asian countries but there must be something else going on aswell?
Finland and Estonia don't surprise me as they're countries as a whole that show great interest, knowledge and respect for rallying. Rallying is completely out of the mainstream spotlight in the UK and I've always thought rallying was very much a niche interest in the USA, though obviously with a population that large even something considered niche can still attract a decent audience.

From a UK perspective though, I think because everything is dwarfed by the media interest/focus on F1 here, us UK fans lose perspective. The WRC TV highlights here on Channel 5 get around 400k to 500k viewers I believe, which relatively isn't a great figure here on terrestrial TV, but as Essaj points out, is equivalent to not far off half the population of Estonia! I also think the UK has a potentially larger audience for the WRC that just isn't being served or recognised by the media. As such, Essaj is probably right, we shouldn't be surprised by All Live's apparent popularity in the UK, particularly when you figure in what I believe is rallying's proportionally higher continued popularity outside of England.