Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
This is utterly incomprehensible. I haven't checked WRC+ in weeks so I wasn't aware there had been any change... suddenly I get a mail from "Rally.TV" (never heard of it) talking about an upcoming "renewal" (????), then an email about a payment that failed, a message saying a payment succeeded (89 euro, which is not consistent with the Rally.TV yearly pass price of 99 euro, so what is this, a glitchy leftover from WRC+...?), then a mail from the WRC saying they charged me $0. What the heck. It's as if they made everything as confusing as humanly possible.

Then when I try to log in to this Rally.TV thing using my WRC+ login, it created a new account instead and tells me to get a new subscription!!! I can't even. Now I guess I get to experience the joys of trying to contact support...?

EDIT: I checked PayPal and WRC Promoter DID charge me 89,99 yesterday. But this Rally.TV account I have says "reactivate subscription" under "annual pass". "Monthly pass" says "changes unavailable" and is greyed out, whatever that means.

EDIT EDIT: Oh my God, this is either a massive glitch, or fraud of the highest order. I check the order history of the Rally.TV account I have literally just created with my old WRC+ account login. It says I purchased a subscription on August 4 2023, set to renew on September 2 2023. I did no such thing. And it says I paid with an app called "Adyen". I have never heard of this app and didn't even know it existed. I'm a PayPal user. This is fraud and I'm calling my bank.
Hi there!
Any update on this?
I am experiencing the same situation....