Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spriklers

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Spriklers

The race in Hungary showed it again. To make a good show, you just need a little bit of rain.
    So wh don't the scrap DRS and all the other tech BS and install sprinkler to all circuits and deploi them at one point of the race unannounced?

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Because it's not a show. Because it's just as dumb as all the other dumb ideas that are there to "spice things up". The weather is just a variable that cannot be manufactured. All the weather did, was confirm that all that's needed to do is reduce the downforce to the minimum amount needed to make the cars safe, and not have the use of mandatory compound and pit stops.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    The race in Hungary showed it again. To make a good show, you just need a little bit of rain.
    So wh don't the scrap DRS and all the other tech BS and install sprinkler to all circuits and deploi them at one point of the race unannounced?
    Probably because it would be the ultimate in fake racing, and a lot of people would stop watching/following F1 including myself.
    May the forza be with you

4. Likes: truefan72 (29th July 2014)
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Throw in a couple of safety cars at random intervals, and perhaps a squirrel running across the track and we’d have a hell of a show!
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

6. Likes: Tazio (29th July 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Fake, fake, fake.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I think that Kim Kardashian in a bikini, a gallon of cooking oil and her trying to squeeze into (and out of!!! ) a current generation F1 car for $100,000 would be a better show. I know Bernie floated the idea of sprinklers several years ago (they used them at his Paul Ricard test track) but the idea didn't get any (wait for it)... traction.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Banned
    Maybe we could replicate wet conditions with grooved tires.

Oh.......wait.

10. Likes: Whyzars (2nd August 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    It probably doesnt mean anything to most fans, but I heard somewhere that F1 is supposedly a motorsport!
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    It probably doesnt mean anything to most fans, but I heard somewhere that F1 is supposedly a motorsport!
    This will probably make Jag's head explode, but right now the purest and best racing on the planet is Indycar. If people could set aside their prejudice, STFU, and make a miniscule attempt to actually enjoy themselves, they would really have a good time with Indycar.

Personally I hate the mandatory/prime/option tire BS, and I hate the small fuel cells make fuel mileage races more possible, but for the most part they get it right and even crappy places like Houston and Toronto now put of great shows, simply because the car is so damm racey.

See, Indycar (outside of the tire snafu) doesn't try to make the racing fake. If a race sucks, it just sucks. Here's the car....make it work. No drs, no kers, no ers, no nothing. Go fast or go home. The rules are the same for everyone.

I know you guys over there can get it. Give it a fair chance.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    This will probably make Jag's head explode, but right now the purest and best racing on the planet is Indycar. If people could set aside their prejudice, STFU, and make a miniscule attempt to actually enjoy themselves, they would really have a good time with Indycar.

Personally I hate the mandatory/prime/option tire BS, and I hate the small fuel cells make fuel mileage races more possible, but for the most part they get it right and even crappy places like Houston and Toronto now put of great shows, simply because the car is so damm racey.

See, Indycar (outside of the tire snafu) doesn't try to make the racing fake. If a race sucks, it just sucks. Here's the car....make it work. No drs, no kers, no ers, no nothing. Go fast or go home. The rules are the same for everyone.

I know you guys over there can get it. Give it a fair chance.

Take away the push to pass, mandatory tire compound changes, and put them on better road race tracks, and IndyCar would be much closer racing than F1 probably. I just don't like the ovals as much, or the really small circuits. But it is still great racing. F1 could learn some things from IndyCar.