Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Either let them race or hire a bunch of Barrichellos.
    I liked Barrichello, winning 11 races ain't bad in most people's motorsport careers
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I liked Rubens too. It was just a manner of speaking. It would have been more respectful for me to say hire a #1 and a #2 and be done with it.

A lot of us were really excited when Rubens came to Indycars, but he did not do real well. To be fair, his car was not real good. The fans loved him though. It was great fun to watch him and Tony Kanaan together.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    The only way you could get rid of team orders, is to have single car teams. No factory support for multiple teams. It's the manufacturer/constructor that competes and the drivers are secondary, even if they get the glory.

4. Likes: Tazio (29th July 2014)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    The more this goes on and the more we see factions within Mercedes favoring one driver over the other, the WDC battle seems to be coming down to Toto Wolff (Nico Rosberg) vs. Niki Lauda (Lewis Hamilton). Me, I'm putting my money on King Rat to win in the end. Just makes sense to play the long standing odds: a guy who has been on fire, should be dead and has had parts of his head ripped off vs some fancy man who fell off his little bicycle and thinks he now knows what "extreme living" is all about? I really think this team orders incident will turn up the heat in the battle between the two factions within Mercedes after the break. And in my worthless opinion, if Lewis loses the WDC, I see that as the catalyst for some major seat swapping drama going forward. And I'm OK with that. The more drama the better.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

6. Likes: Tazio (29th July 2014)
    Banned
    Take out the radios and take off the mirrors. No pit boards and no pit stops except for flats or other damage. Then we'll see who was what..........kind of like the old days with Clark, Stewart, Hill, Rindt, etc.

Throw the green ands isolate the driver from everything except his competition. It would be epic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    vs some fancy man who fell off his little bicycle and thinks he now knows what "extreme living" is all about?
    Not only that, but his wifey is the family F1 driver! Macho!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Giancarlo Fisichella is pulling for Susie to get a race seat at Williams harder than Toto. Shouldn't take her more than a couple of putt-putt/crash-filled outings for people to COMPLETELY forget about his disastrous time in the Ferrari a few years back.

Between the current drive for gender based political correctness in F1 and the silly gimmicks, I figure F1 will be all but unwatchable within 3-5 years.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith