Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

A message for Luca di Montezemolo

Stefano Domenicali called. He wants his position back. Felipe Massa also called. He wants his seat back. Finally, Lotus is wondering if you could pack Kimi Räikkönen into a plywood box and ship him back to Enstone. The contents are fragile, so be careful! Lotus can't wait. Smirnoff vodka truck is already on the way. Thanks!
    Last edited by zako85; 26th July 2014 at 17:54.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Also, Jules Bianchi want's Kimi's seat...

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    He's gonna get it soon too at this rate.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    he could hardly do worse
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I don't understand the OP. As hard as it is to believe for some, Ferrari have much bigger problems than Raikkonen. While it's plausible that Massa would've accumulated more points than Raikkonen so far. It wouldn't have made much difference to the overall situation they're in.

Jesus! People aren't allowed a period of underperformance these days (When they've performed extremely highly 90% of the time). Highly anal fans expect a lot, and more!

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Jesus! People aren't allowed a period of underperformance these days (When they've performed extremely highly 90% of the time). Highly anal fans expect a lot, and more!
    To be blunt, Kimi is performing worse even compared to Nelsinho vs Alonso. It reminds me very much of Fisichella coming to Ferrari in 2009 and being nowhere compared to Kimi. I am sure thing will be better with next season's car, but I can't see Kimi continuing at Ferrari now, unless only as a save face measure by Luca.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    After reading and listening to what Kimi had to say about the circumstances I tend to think that his race engineers screwed up, and need to take responsibility for this episode. David Lloyd was added to his team to "support Raikkonen's race engineer Antonio Spagnolo and other staff in trying to improve the lines of communication between the Finn and the team so as to get a better understanding of what is needed." for Canada, but it is unclear to me if he is still working in that capacity. The car doesn't fit either his or Alonso's styles, and an argument could be made that it fits Alonso's style even less, as he like to steer the car with the throttle, and with the additional torque that has to be challenging, So it tells me Kimi is underperforming, and it is something that I don't think many would argue. However they knew Kimi was much better on the option (compared to Fred) than the prime tires, and however precious they may think new sets are, it doesn't justify taking this type of chance. I can't help thinking that there was a major communication breakdown on his side of the paddock.

8. Likes: Duncan (27th July 2014)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    What we saw today had much more to do with than poor driving by Kimi. I know how quick this track changes, and to sit in the pits was suicide. Times drop lap to lap as the track rubbers in, and they sat there and watched themselves get eliminated. Stupid technical decision. I would have been ordering Kimi out on track if he didn't want to go, but the team was content to sit and watch failure happen.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    To be blunt, Kimi is performing worse even compared to Nelsinho vs Alonso. It reminds me very much of Fisichella coming to Ferrari in 2009 and being nowhere compared to Kimi. I am sure thing will be better with next season's car, but I can't see Kimi continuing at Ferrari now, unless only as a save face measure by Luca.
    Kimi poor run has been going on for too long, that he has to take responsibility for it. Even for issues that weren't his fault. having said that, who would you replace him with?

There would be a number of drivers that could do better than him atm. However, with a stronger car, he's more likely to get the better results, or the wins.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    What I can't get my head round is 2012-2013?

I mean Kimi in that Lotus looked great at times and won races and scored podiums. So was Kimi just more at home in the Lotus than this troublesome Ferrari? Or is Kimi's inspiration in question? Or was that Lotus a Championship challenging car and Kimi's wins were actually below par?

Its a shame cause I love Kimi and I want him to be the 2003-2007 Kimi. Fast, brave and fearless.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy