Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post Mexico set to return to F1® calendar in 2015

Mexico is set to host a round of the 2015 Formula One World Championship, Formula One group CEO Bernie Ecclestone confirmed on Wednesday.
    The race, the first Grand Prix to be held in Mexico for more than two decades, will be run at the 4.421 km Mexico City circuit.
    "I'm happy to announce we've concluded an agreement to have a race in 2015," said Ecclestone. "Don't miss this race!"
    Mexico City first hosted F1 in 1963 and was a permanent fixture for the next seven years. It then returned to the calendar in 1986 and hosted a further six Grands Prix, the last of which was won by Williams' Nigel Mansell in 1992.
    Tavo Hellmund, who was instrumental in bringing F1 to Austin and is a co-founding partner of the 2015 Formula 1 Gran Premio de Mexico, said he was delighted that negotiations had proved successful.
    "Ever since Bernie and I began working on a race at Austin, it's been a dream of mine to help Formula One return to Mexico," said Hellmund.
    "This announcement has therefore been years in the making, but we've gradually been able to assemble all the right pieces. I'm absolutely delighted."

Two Mexican drivers currently compete in F1: Force India

More...

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    More like this at the GP Taz....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQrbd0VWxBU

4. Likes: Tazio (24th July 2014)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Yeah babe, except Mexico City isn't anything like Cabo!