Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Paddy Lowe needs to take a step in ,and make sure there is fairness towards both drivers.Lewis big advantage is that he is on 60 million for 3 years against Nico,s 48 millions for 3 years,but you got to have harmony ,and cut the favoritism shown by Toto,and Nici Lauda
    Lauda has totally defended Lewis yesterday and repeatedly said he was right not to let Nico through.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

2. Likes: truefan72 (28th July 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't warm to Vettel is a Hamilton fan according to Dj
    I actually did lol. Brother's going "Wtf?..."

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Well, frankly I only guessed that because of the[b] bitter tone of your post.]/b] There were only two fanbases with a reason for such frustration - HAM and RAI and the Kimi supporters aren't usually that vocal and sore. If that's not the case, I'm frankly lost as to why you take the time to post in a forum to slag off a driver who's had had his best weekend of this year so far. You could of course be a slightly more civilized version of Gary Walker, who only drops by to vent his hate of Vettel and buggers off again, but I didn't really expect more than one person to be afflicted by that mental condition.
    Bitter tone? Slag off? You must still be recovering from that bender you're on, after the World Cup. Vettel had pole, til the last second. He's had a disproportionate amount of success. I was on the computer at the time. I took a little bit of pleasure that he was denied pole. Big firkin deal!

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    As it turns out. Hamilton's "bad luck", turned out to actually be some good luck. Having in effect, an extra set of new tyres. Early safety car period, which causes more confusion for the front runners, than those in mid/rear-field. Rosberg was streeting away. Twice in 3 races, Rosberg's been denied control of a race when leading.

Not that any Hamilton nuffie, or season review, will acknowledge it. But I will!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Sometimes the driver may be right to question the team's instructions , but during the race it's not usually a good thing .

He's often hellishly compromised if he's got no radio , and we often hear drivers ask , outright , what to do .
    He relies on his team now, in today's F1 , more than ever , so when any of them disobey team orders , especially because they get obscene amounts of money to drive these things , I will always see it as petulant .

The best way to have solved this , had they thought of it at the time , might have been to tell both that if Nico could get on Lewis's gearbox , properly , he would let him through at a place that wouldn't compromise him too much .
    That would have had them racing against each other , whilst giving a sh!t about each other's race .

We have to remember that Nico's race was horribly compromised by that first SC period , and that Hamilton's was well gifted at the same time , so a little team help from Lewis might have been in order anyway .

Nico did take a stab at one point , when he finally caught up , and had the door closed pretty harshly , with Hamilton crowding him right off the track , if my memory serves me .
    I didn't like that , either .
    Nico seemed to back out of it after that .

But then , since nobody else has mentioned it that I've seen , maybe my memory doesn't serve me well in this case .

My point , though , is that you should toe the line , as you are likely ignorant of all the facts , and there isn't time to explain .
    Whether or not it was a good call is a totally different matter entirely .

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    And Nico has never pushed Hamilton wide or off the track ?
    Come on see both sides of the coin !
    Nico gives better than he takes,and I am sure he asked for the pass too

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I didn't think I would enjoy this race but ended up being pleasantly surprised. The weather and safety cars really mixed things up. Mercedes really messed up Nico's race by not bringing him in on the first SC and tried to make up for it with team orders. It was a strange one with both drivers so close in the championship. I could understand a hold position command that close to the end of the race with either driver in front of the other, but a call to let Nico through? That was always going to be ignored I think.

Lewis had a good recovery drive once again and let's hope this piece of luck continues. He can't really have too much more poor luck and I agreed with his comments about his team needing to up their game ecause it really does go beyond bad luck of late. A good race though and the gap closes a little once again!
    Hennie wasn't it actually the safety car that came out and split the field, while Charley was too busy talking to Bernie and counting his money to notice?
    At any rate I hadn't considered that Mercedes were trying to give the race back to Nico in the interest of equity based on his qualifying position. Hamilton's race was compromised by the team in quali after having been fastest in all three practices. I think the lesson here is to deal with the hand you are dealt. For whatever reason The Boss was leading his teammate after Lewis had made his last stop, and he raced Nico from in front for his own gain. All parties have too live with the consequences, that is the breaks of the game.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Disobey team orders wont get him a moore reliable car, thats for sure.
    But, I can understand Lewis this time, a bit of selfisness, every point counts in the hunt for WDC.

9. Likes: Tazio (28th July 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Disobey team orders wont get him a moore reliable car, thats for sure.
    But, I can understand Lewis this time, a bit of selfisness, every point counts in the hunt for WDC.
    Funny. Didn't the points count for Nico last year when he was forbidden from overtaking Lewis in Malysia? Lewis seems awfully good at taking - the giving part seems a trifle more inconvenient.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    dj, I agree with your last sentence. But, we have to remember that thoose drivers has to be ruthless (perhaps Nico lacks a bit here) I guess everything comes with a price.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    And Nico has never pushed Hamilton wide or off the track ?
    Come on see both sides of the coin !
    Nico gives better than he takes,and I am sure he asked for the pass too
    Previous incidents are irrelevant here , as the action of crowding another off the track is illegal .
    It's also quite irrelevant as to whether Nico asked for the pass , as , given that the team called Lewis , it should be obvious they agreed with Nico about the idea , if it was , indeed , his .

It turned out well for Hamilton , but to me , it looked a little too paranoid that his own team was trying to screw him .
    They weren't .
    Perhaps it wasn't a good move from the team , but that shouldn't be Lewis's call .

It put paid to any idea that Rosberg might come back after the additional pit stop , and the hard fight that might ensue as a result .
    As a result , we missed what I think might have been an even more exciting finish , with Nico dogging Lewis for much longer .

13. Likes: dj_bytedisaster (28th July 2014)