Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Yepp, commitment and daring to go on highest gear around 5 corners and over crests. Only a few of top drivers can do that. Though I presume he´d need to have a mentor to finish rounds in a WRC car.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    We need Lukyanuk in the WRC, I agree! The most spectacular driver at the moment, and he is fast. And he has also proven that he has good enough pace notes to win on unfamiliar rallies, like in Finland in 2013, where he beat VERY strong competition from amongst others the Group N legend Salo (who drove a Group R). And not only beating them, he demolished them!
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

3. Likes: Rallyper (27th September 2014)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kolin View Post
    He is not human. He is a crazy Russian .
    He is very awesome driver

Wow! that was great! Hey does anybody know what kind of cars he started with? The absolute first cars?? Maybe before rally even?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Couple years ago he appeared to estonian rally scene driving Opel Astra

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Couple years ago he appeared to estonian rally scene driving Opel Astra
    Thanks Cali, I did see that. And Astra is a good car, but I was wondering what ANY car he started with. I saw something about old Lada but his casula and continuous sideways style makes me wonder if tthere is a lot of RWD is the background since he seems so comfortable "dancing" with the car.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    I saw something about old Lada
    Post comunist Lada Samara is FWD. There are even 4WD version for Rallies in Russia I think. But You probably mean the most famous Lada in the Western world - VFTS (or it's not that tuned predecessor 2107/05).

Anyway some words about Lukyanuk. All his experience looks on similar roads, quite entertaining, but not enough for E/WRC. So I'd like to see him on various surfaces/car classes too. I think he will be fast and spectacular there too, but it's only a suggestion.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Post comunist Lada Samara is FWD. There are even 4WD version for Rallies in Russia I think. But You probably mean the most famous Lada in the Western world - VFTS (or it's not that tuned predecessor 2107/05).

Anyway some words about Lukyanuk. All his experience looks on similar roads, quite entertaining, but not enough for E/WRC. So I'd like to see him on various surfaces/car classes too. I think he will be fast and spectacular there too, but it's only a suggestion.
    I don't know about "the Western World". I only know what I know and top me the most famous Lada is the good old this one, sideways, as Bogu intended!*

I knew that for some reason they eventually made a FWD car, pooor Rooskies! No more sideways action any time!

I wondered because we have a very strange dogma in America--so you, where every kid with a keyboard and Colin McRae Rally game is expert driver, and tactician and where as a result we make so many battalions, no divisions of WRC drivers scoring so many points, right and all the 'ex-spurt' say FWD is best to learn in...
    and "all the current WRC drivers all learned in FWD car"..

I say it doesn't matter the drive type if its FWD or RWD, it matters the specification of the car... That a Piece of scheisse FWD OR a piece of scheisse RWD car (no steering, no diff-brems oder LSD, crap gearing (achsubersetzung heisst daas oder wass), no brakes) is mainly a pieces of scheisse and you learn little,

while on the other hand a good FWD or a good RWD are both fine to learn..
    That's why I say Astra, OK we know that is excellent car because they worked good for so many drivers in national and World championship events and I know the parts that go in...

I just wondered about Lukyanuk as i said because he dance so good like mainly I see guys with RWD experience in their early days.

* If God did not intended us to drive sideways, then why did he invent RWD and why he invent gravel? And snow!??
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 29th September 2014 at 08:07.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I don't know about "the Western World".
    I named it because this Lada is most popular now in the "open" world (I think it was something designed for Group B). And rightly so because is the most powerful, and also RWD - yes.

I knew that for some reason they eventually made a FWD car, pooor Rooskies! No more sideways action any time!

I wondered because we have a very strage dogma in America--so youw, where every kid with a keyboard and COlin McRae Rally game is expert driver, and tactician and where as a result we make so many battalions, no divisions of WRC drivers scoring so many points, right and all the 'ex-spurt' say FWD is best to learn in...
    and "all the current WRC drivers all learned in FWD car"..

I say it doesn't matter thedrive type FWD or RWD, it matters the specification of the car... That a Piece of scheisse FWD OR a piece of scheisse RWD car (no steering, no diff-brems oder LSD, crap gearing (achsubersetzung heisst daas oder wass), no brakes) is mainly a pieces of scheisse and you learn little, while on the other hand a good FWD or a good RWD are both fine to learn..
    That's why I say Astra, OK we know that is excellent car because they worked good for so many drivers in national and World championship events and I know the parts that go in...

I just wondered about Lukyanuk as i said because he dance so good like mainly I see guys with RWD in their early days.

* If God did not intended us to drive sideways, then why did he invent RWD and why he invent gravel? And snow!??
    I see Your point. FWD isn't something new. I think Mini made break through with such in Monte Carlo (50's - 60's, don't remember exact year). The common impression FWD driver is better probably comes from recent World champions - Loeb, Ogier were S1600 champions, which is essentially FWD as some kitcars beating WRC on regular basis in early 2000's on the asphalt rounds. I honestly can't make such final judgement as I know RWD car is probably more difficult to drive, so when You master it, You can drive anything. Just theory anyway.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Trying to help Lukyanuk as much as I can.

Do anybody of You have som leads to potential sponsors either in Russia or The Baltic states?

11. Likes: Arunas (2nd October 2014),miniwintz (5th October 2014)
    What about something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Likes: OnlyRally (7th October 2014)