Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    @N.O.T. My commendations to you. You have been a much more mature member of our forum community. At least in commenting the Lukyanuk matter.
    (this no sarcasm - I really mean it)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: belas (27th July 2015),Micke_VOC (29th July 2015)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    My point is, learn to walk before you run. Get the confidence and experience, then go fast. Being fast on rallies you know like the back of your hand is one thing, getting in a new machine in a rally you've done once and then going fast?

People here were expecting him to be in the top 5, just look at the pickems - ridiculous.
    Stop that nationalism. To beat everybody in NZ championship is completely different thing than beating everybody in Estonian roads with N4 car where most of fast ERC regulars were present. Paddon is supperb driver but I can easily say that Lukyanuk is among those. And when Estonian says so about Russian driver (who beats most of Estonian drivers) then he is really worth it. Onlyone who was faster than him during last two years was Tänak. I belive that huge competition that Lukyanuk offered to Tänak in Estonian Championship 2 years ago made a big favour to Ott to learn how to get the last out from the car while not crashing.

Estonian event is good for N4 cars but it is not perfect. I still belive that R5 should be slightly better solution on our roads. His skills (experience and bravery) on these roads were just better that the others. Aus, Kaur and Plangi are all fast and experienced drivers ith N4 and they have proved it internationally as well.
    Many drivers have crashed on the jumps and I feel that Lukyanuk was extremely unfortunate with this. Looking him at the stages is pure pleasure. It is not crazy driving, mostly, It is extremely fast, efficient and therefore spectacular.

I really hope that someone in Russia has too much money and we will se him behind the wheel more times. When it is not WRC then at least R5 in ERC. And I am not afraid that he is slow. After his accident in Viru Rally in 2013, he came back to Rally Estonia, rented old car from Plangi (Evo9) and was third overall, 30+ seconds in front of Kaur and a few seconds behind Kruuda who was driving Fiesta R5.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

4. Likes: Aldis S (27th July 2015),Andre Oliveira (27th July 2015),belas (27th July 2015),br21 (27th July 2015),cali (28th July 2015),dimviii (27th July 2015),Micke_VOC (29th July 2015),Mirek (27th July 2015),OldF (28th July 2015),tommeke_B (27th July 2015)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    From this

to this, in just over a week ... Rallying is cruel.

Dreams crushed along with the car...

Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 27th July 2015 at 19:45.
    #M-SPORTER

6. Likes: AL14 (27th July 2015)
    Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    'So, rally Finland is finished for us before the start. On the test stage I was too fast over jump and failed to correct the speed and line fo the next turn. It seems unreal, but it's done... I'm sorry, I disappointed a lot of people, who trusted me, Mihail Lepehov, Malcolm Wilson and many others... Sorry for our team and fans...We will recover, but first and last chance in WRC is waisted. Thanks for your attention and support. A. Lukyanuk'

:-/
    Big respect to Lukyanuk about this words knowing perfectly it was his mistake. No excuses just face it square and fair. It's pity what happened but he was trying hard not just to finish the rally saying how good was his rally ( last rally ).

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    ERC interview Alexey Lukyanuk
    With his first victory in ERC Rally Estonia 2015, Alexey Lukyanuk was able to confirm his talent and good times achieved in this season. But he mostly knew pass a course, the game-winner. A St Grail that has escaped many drivers entered in ERC, and even officials as Sepp Wiegand (Skoda Motorsport ex Germany driver) for example. So imagine, when one is a private pilot and besides driving on a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X N4!

Alexey Lukyanuk agreed to answer our questions following his victory at the last round of the ERC, details:

The Sport Auto Mag: What are your feelings after your first win in ERC?
    Alexey Lukyanuk: It's a feeling of pure joy! The path to this result was so long and so hard and I can say that now I am totally satisfied with our performance!

You were untouchable this weekend, what is your secret? Do you think your Evo X had an advantage over R5?
    AL: Professionals know that a car category R5 will always be faster than N4. Many world that the max speed of our N4 was an advantage, but we do not drove at maximum speed! We exceeded 180km / h only a few times during the rally. I "managed" to win with fewer special max speed, so everything is a driving issue. I believe him. And let my secrets stay secret

What are your goals for the next rallies ERC? Will you participate?
    AL: At the moment we have no program for the future because of our financial worries. We are still looking for sponsors and if we find we will do other rallies ERC.

What are your goals for Rally Finland 2015? How did you have the opportunity to participate in Ford Fiesta RS WRC?
    AL: The plan is to take a max of fun doing this rally. I guess this will be my first and last start in a WRC car. I will not waste this opportunity and do everything to reach the finish.
    The opportunity was provided by Michael Lepekhov who supported Evgeniy Novikov WRC for many years. We are on good terms and Michael gave us the opportunity to take the start in Finland. Only a rally, nothing more.

3rd in Jänner, first before going off the road in Liepaja, 6th in Ireland, and now first in Estonia. What a result for your 2015 ERC season! Did you expect it to before the start of the season?
    AL: For a first on European roads is not too bad. Our main problem, our lack of experience on asphalt. I'm good on snow and earth, but just over 500km of asphalt experience at present. This season, some fast drivers are engaged in ERC, and so it inflates our results are not so good, usual, well I think.

Do you have plans for the 2016 season?
    AL: No, ...

What are your dreams for the future? May become the first Russian driver to win the ERC ... or win a WRC rally?
    AL: I am no longer young enough to have sweet dreams. We desperately need sponsors to go further ... without that, nothing will.

At the end of the year 2014 and early this season, your livery was "We Want Peace", a message about the Ukrainian crisis. Do you think that sport, and more specifically the rally can bring peace?
    AL: Of course not. My co-pilot, Eugene Chervonenko, is a politician in Ukraine, so it was his idea.

http://www.lemagsportauto.com/erc-in...ukyanuk/11164/

9. Likes: Rallyper (27th July 2015)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts

I like the photo when he was still in the air. The others... Pitty that it happened, the timing couldn't be worse but you can't plan it...

11. Likes: Allyc85 (27th July 2015),br21 (27th July 2015),dimviii (27th July 2015),hsmed (28th July 2015),Micke_VOC (29th July 2015),Miika (27th July 2015),Mirek (27th July 2015),OldF (28th July 2015),pantealex (28th July 2015),rallye-vid (27th July 2015),stefanvv (27th July 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

he has a tendecy crasing with back

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Many drivers have crashed on the jumps and I feel that Lukyanuk was extremely unfortunate with this. Looking him at the stages is pure pleasure. It is not crazy driving, mostly, It is extremely fast, efficient and therefore spectacular.
    In my opinion this crash had nothing to do with being unfortunate. Had been on SS1 when the clock is ticking, then fine, but on a pre-event test before the most important start of his career, on his first run in Fiesta WRC, on first kilometres into the stage, not knowing how the car behaves, not knowing how the road behaves. He had limited test mileage (we don't know that for a fact), but still, why? Don't get me wrong, Lukyanuk is great character and simple pleasure to spectate on stages. After Otepää the question was why team bosses aren't fighting over him. After a maneuvor like today, if you were Capito, Matton or Nandan, would you give this guy a car?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

14. Likes: WRC1 (27th July 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    In my opinion this crash had nothing to do with being unfortunate. Had been on SS1 when the clock is ticking, then fine, but on a pre-event test before the most important start of his career, on his first run in Fiesta WRC, on first kilometres into the stage, not knowing how the car behaves, not knowing how the road behaves. He had limited test mileage (we don't know that for a fact), but still, why? Don't get me wrong, Lukyanuk is great character and simple pleasure to spectate on stages. After Otepää the question was why team bosses aren't fighting over him. After a maneuvor like today, if you were Capito, Matton or Nandan, would you give this guy a car?
    agree with your post,and to answer your question ,definetely yes,i would give him a second chance.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    why? You answered in some way - "the clock is ticking" for him. Purely his mistake no doubt, but if You have only limited chances, You just try to give everything You got on them. Gutted for him, he deserves much more than this. As for Matton, he gave Meeke enough chances I think, though Meeke had much more IRC/WRC experience....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI