Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 823 Times in 579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    For ERC gategory he sure is, sure he tends to crash alot but that's normal for a russian driver.
    From the regular ERC drivers, who would you rate higher than him expect Kajetanovicz and Lukyanuk?
    And again, his crash in Poland has nothing to do with those "dangerous" roads, just him missing the corner. <-- This might drop him from the 3rd best/fastest ERC driver =)
    Sure, I know he is fast, but "top driver"? What he'd done to achieve that title? I also know erc is not full of fast drivers, so
    I guess it's a matter of numbers only?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 101 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Sure, I know he is fast, but "top driver"? What he'd done to achieve that title? I also know erc is not full of fast drivers, so
    I guess it's a matter of numbers only?
    Yeah that's the problem here, you are top driver in ERC when you can afford to do it with R5. nonetheless he sure has some potential.
    He hasn't achieved anything but he has been fast in almost every rally this year until mistakes/problems which led to him drop in standings.
    This year he has won 1 rally in Latvia where he did beat Rovanpera fair and square even thought being little wild and almost crashing in couple places (that were caught on a cam) but still, speed is there. He just needs to stay on road.
    Last edited by Essaj; 9th August 2017 at 22:47.

Liked 193 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Donīt mix things up. A rally without corners isnīt a rally. Not even a racing track. But. You obviously havenīt crashed a 50000 and up Euros car in a rally on places known as more than an off corner, have you? Easy to talk whithout experience from real world.
    it's up to the driver to know the "off corners", that's why we have recce.
    and especially today, with the internet full of video's of "difficult rally corners", there's no excuse to not knowing where to be careful.

every corner, every bump, every cut, the difficulty is always the same. you have to determine how fast you can go through them without losing control or breaking the car. the big difference is how much room for error there is.

and i always say: if you can't afford to crash it, you shouldn't race it.

4. Likes: Walach (10th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Yeah that's the problem here, you are top driver in ERC when you can afford to do it with R5 nonetheless he sure has some potential.
    He hasn't achieved anything but he has been fast in almost every rally this year until mistakes/problems which led to him drop in standings.
    This year he has won 1 rally in Latvia where he did beat Rovanpera fair and square even thought being little wild and almost crashing in couple places (that were caught on a cam) but still, speed is there. He just needs to stay on road.
    Yes, fine we agree he has the speed. But not yet "top" on erc level. For me that would mean he was fighting for wins here and there by pure driving not others problems or anything. In Poland the top drivers were Luyanuk, Kajetanovich and Bouffier, in that order.

6. Likes: Jarek Z (10th August 2017)
    Liked 101 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Yes, fine we agree he has the speed. But not yet "top" on erc level. For me that would mean he was fighting for wins here and there by pure driving not others problems or anything. In Poland the top drivers were Luyanuk, Kajetanovich and Bouffier, in that order.
    Again why count Lukyanuk here, he fking crashed on stage 2? Top drivers in Poland were Bouffier, Kajetanovicz and Griebel in that order, speed wise Lukyanuk was the fastest but he only managed 1 stage. Gryazin managed to finish 5 and speed wise was on bar with Kajto and Griebel but you actually need to finish the event.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention Ostberg here but he was in fight aswell. But he can skipped as a ERC driver.
    Last edited by Essaj; 9th August 2017 at 22:58.

8. Likes: Jarek Z (10th August 2017)
    Yes I meant erc drivers. So Ostberg doesn't count and probably Lukyanuk as this thread is in wrc section. But it is only virtual, we'll never know.....

EDIT: I already said my criteria for top driver, so I don't want to discuss that further. British fanboys have one criteria, others - other.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 9th August 2017 at 23:10.

Liked 150 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You obviously havenīt crashed a 50000 and up Euros car in a rally on places known as more than an off corner, have you? Easy to talk whithout experience from real world.
    How many of the Drivers who actually competed on Rally Rzeszow complained that the nature of the stages was unacceptable? How many said they wouldn't return? Are you more qualified to speak than the people who actually took part in the rally? Easy to talk without experience from Rally Rzeszow...

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th August 2017),Jarek Z (10th August 2017),Mirek (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017),TWRC (10th August 2017),Walach (10th August 2017)
    Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
    Regarding Gryazin: We had same test for Rallye Weiz, he looked bloody fast there, but I knew he wonīt reach the finish with this driving style. He is superlate on the brakes, what threw him straight in the forest on SS2 already. On tarmac you have rarely consistant grip level, so I think you have to learn the different rallyes even better than on gravel, specially on first pass, before you go flat out.

But talent is there, money obviously as well, so he will develop I think.

13. Likes: cali (10th August 2017),Hartusvuori (10th August 2017),Jarek Z (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017),TWRC (10th August 2017)
    Liked 222 Times in 132 Posts
    Shouldnīt this thread be moved to ERC forum?

15. Likes: AnttiL (10th August 2017),DonJippo (10th August 2017),Mirek (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017)
    Liked 3,262 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Whatever the merits of Gryazin, the point I was making was that all the drivers crashing on the 'tricky sections' were NOT top drivers.

If they were then there may have been an argument that the stages were dangerous. But the top guys were all fine.