Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounin View Post
    I know like I said I was dreaming, but with Matton I mean every team principal, doesn't matter... Give the bloke a bloody opportunity he deserves. Okay the Russian economy is not at its best state now, but if you look at WEC or GT racing, there are still quite some Russians racing all the big events, and although they are all suffering, they are very very fast as well... In WEC/GT it's mostly the Russian banks and international companies with problems, but not the rest.
    Probably its all gentlemens money, but there must be some Russian entrepreneurs who are more attracted to the tarmac & gravel stages than the circuits. I'm still dreaming.
    You mean like the ones that are paying for him to drive in Finland?

Where do you think the money is coming from?!

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    You mean like the ones that are paying for him to drive in Finland?

Where do you think the money is coming from?!
    Oh no that is a completely different story, Lukas is driving Finland due to an old payment from a deal of Novikov sponsor, due to the fact that Novikov won't drive, they took Lukyanuk. When somebody on the forum knows more about this tell us more!

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    So a rich Russian guy is paying for his drive, right?

How is that different to what you say?

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    So a rich Russian guy is paying for his drive, right? ?
    Exactly. Just like he did for Novikov drive.

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    So a rich Russian guy is paying for his drive, right?

How is that different to what you say?
    I simply don't know the deal with Novikov, the sponsor and M-Sport... Can't tell the kind of sponsor weather it was a company, a rich uncle, Novikovs dad or just another rich guy... Forget Novikov we are talking about Lukas' rally future. He needs support.

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Isn't it a little too late to start a serious WRC adventure though? His experience with WRC cars is nonexistent so even though he's a very fast driver he would need some time to get used to a new car. And in this time there would be crashes, broken wheels, damaged suspensions and people would start saying that he's not that good as in old times... So maybe it's just better if he keeps driving the Evo and shame international R5 drivers when they come to his home grounds?

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Never late to start! Rally is not football. Drivers have quality or not. Gronholm started late and was one of the most sucessfull. Or some team will sell the driver? Ahaha

8. Likes: donlorean (22nd July 2015)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Some info on Lukyanuk's history:

Alexei Lukyanuk

Leading trainer of "Center of the Special Driver's Training" from 2012.
    He graduated from the department of RGUFK extreme and applied sports specialization "Motorsport".
    Of 2005-2008. - "School of driving skills Audi Quattro," lead instructor.
    Of 2008-2009. - "BMW Rusland Trading" coach (certified first level, Munich, Germany).
    since 2009 - DriftCamp Winter Edition, coach.
    Since 2005 he takes part in the classical stages of the rally.
    Master of Sports in motorsport.
    Sports achivments:
    - Third place in the absolute standings at the stage of the Russian Rally Cup "St. Petersburg 2010";
    - Winner of the Russian Rally Cup 2011 in class 2000N (Opel Astra GSi);
    - The winner of the class in step 3 World Rally Championship Neste Oil Rally Finland 2012;
    - Winner in absolute standings legendary rally "Saaremaa" the final stage of the championship of Estonia in 2012;
    - Bronze medalist of Latvia in class N4 2013;
    - The winner of the Rally Masters Show 2014;
    - Champion of the Russian Rally in class N4 2014;
    - The absolute champion of Russia Rally 2014;
    - Estonian rally champion in class N4 (EMV2) 2014;
    - The absolute champion of Estonian Rally 2014;
    - Twice winner of trophy FIA FIA ERC Colin McRae Flat Oiu Trophy (2013 and 2014).
    #M-SPORTER

10. Likes: stefanvv (26th July 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    nothing really impressive so far... the real test is a few days ahead.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME FOR LUKYANUK

Russian crew Alexey Lukyanuk and Alexey Arnautov have been offered the chance of a lifetime: a World Rally car drive on a World Rally Championship round.

So far of the revealed plans we’ve found out that Lukyanuk will drive a Ford Fiesta RS WRC serviced by M-Sport World Rally Team at WRC Neste Oil Rally Finland.

The crew Lukyanuk and Arnautov got the invitation to drive the rally from the head of “Academy Rally” team, Mihail Lepehov, who has a lot of experience on WRC level, as he was the one who supported Evgeniy Novikov’s career – the first Russian pilot driving for a factory team.

Lepehov: “Academy Rally had the chance to give one crew a drive on a World Rally Championship round and we decided to offer the chance to Alexey Lukyanuk. I know that Lukyanuk really wants to drive a machine like that so I decided to give him the chance.

Of course we selected Neste Oil Rally Finland. It’s a classic rally and a favourite for the Russian fans. Every rally driver wants to do the rally of a 1000 Lakes, it’s one of the most popular in the world. We invite all our fans and crews to support Lucas! ”

Lukyanuk: “A year ago I couldn’t even dream of such an opportunity. I’m very happy to get back into the car again with Alexey Arnautov, whom with we won the Russian and the Estonian championships last year. We have a lot of experience and we have worked together for a long time. To be honest, we’ve already started preparing for the rally: training, studying onboards. And we hope to find the budget to do some rallies in Lithuania or Finland as a preparation for Neste Oil Rally Finland. I am very grateful to Academy Rally and Mihail Lepehov for the chance!”

Lukyanuk and Arnautov last took part in Neste Oil Rally Finland in 2013, which was also their WRC debut. They managed a top 8 stage time and a victory in class “3” with a 16th position overall in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 N4.
    #M-SPORTER

13. Likes: dimviii (26th July 2015),stefanvv (26th July 2015)