Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 818 Times in 393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Parts of Humalamäki stage have been used on local events in recent years. I can not name single stage in Finland that would've been binned because it's too dangerous. Maybe Ouninpohja would be the first in line. It has reputation, and that is also why notably small number of crashes happen there, because drivers approach it with thought.
    Humalamäki was mostly dangerous because of crowd control issues. Ouninpohja is sure fast but also has good road surface. Last year Bertelli had a big crash that took his codriver to hospital and it wasn't even on the classic fast section...

Liked 118 Times in 88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Personally I see as a sport where organizers prepare a route that the competitors must pass as fast as possible. What lies behind the next corner is for the competitor to survive. Variety is everything. Rallies shouldn't be about guaranteed finishing.
    I general, I do agree with this statement, and I didn't try to make the opposite impression in this discussion, but .......
    In this particular case, it's not "about variety", it's about crashing for sure if you don't slow down.
    It's not about "guaranteed finishing", it's about guaranteed not finishing if you miss the place (which was very hard to spot) in the notes.
    I'm sorry, but those few bumps were sending the car in the air, then landing in another bump, and then crash .......
    As you said, the rally phylosopy is to pass all sections as fast as possible.
    This particular place was all about slowing down. The only way to avoid crashing, was to slow down.
    Experience in writing notes was the only skill tested here.
    I don't think driver skills, or suspension setup could off avoided the crashes.
    Things are not black and white as some here were trying to place them. Difficult/Technical sections yes, but not traps please.

Anyway, I'm also stepping out from this discussion.

3. Likes: Rallyper (8th August 2017)
    Liked 1,154 Times in 553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Anyway, I'm also stepping out from this discussion.
    Apparently I’m the last on this one and I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but aren’t those “tricky rally corner” lookalike videos the living proof that organizers can do better? If a rally stage turns into a crash parade won’t alarms go off? No matter if it’s on tarmac, gravel or snow, there should be a limit for the ‘it’s up to the drivers’ general principle, avoiding the sport to appear like a reckless freaky show. Or not.
    Rally addict since 1982

5. Likes: jparker (8th August 2017),Rallyper (9th August 2017)
    Liked 148 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    As you said, the rally phylosopy is to pass all sections as fast as possible.
    This particular place was all about slowing down. The only way to avoid crashing, was to slow down.
    Better get rid of corners then if slowing down is a problem...

What rallies would be left after your sanitisation of rallying. No Monte Carlo, can't be slowing for Ice. No Finland, can't be backing off to get over a jump. Pretty much no tarmac rallying in Ireland. No Rally Gb, might have to slow down for inconsistent grip on increasingly oversaturated mud? Your's is a bad road to go down, if you'll pardon the pun...

7. Likes: pantealex (9th August 2017),sonnybobiche (8th August 2017),Walach (10th August 2017),[RMC]Pip (9th August 2017)
    Liked 182 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The tyres were shit compared to today, the suspension was bad, brakes weak .
    The speeds thus slower, and overall safety almost the same (exept of course the safety equipment). That is why they should limit suspension travel, aero and tyres on current cars

Liked 3,249 Times in 1,777 Posts
    How many of the actual top drivers from each catagory crashed at these 'tricky sections' in Rzeszow. Only one by my reckoning...

10. Likes: pantealex (9th August 2017)
    Liked 748 Times in 462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Better get rid of corners then if slowing down is a problem...

What rallies would be left after your sanitisation of rallying. No Monte Carlo, can't be slowing for Ice. No Finland, can't be backing off to get over a jump. Pretty much no tarmac rallying in Ireland. No Rally Gb, might have to slow down for inconsistent grip on increasingly oversaturated mud? Your's is a bad road to go down, if you'll pardon the pun...
    Don´t mix things up. A rally without corners isn´t a rally. Not even a racing track. But. You obviously haven´t crashed a 50000 and up Euros car in a rally on places known as more than an off corner, have you? Easy to talk whithout experience from real world.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,249 Times in 1,777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    How many of the actual top drivers from each catagory crashed at these 'tricky sections' in Rzeszow. Only one by my reckoning...
    My bad... in fact there were NONE !

Gryazin did crash on SS6, but didnt crash on the 'tricky' section, but just on a normal corner, running wide and hitting a bank...

The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 823 Times in 579 Posts
    Gryazin is a top driver? First time I read this.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 101 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Gryazin is a top driver? First time I read this.
    For ERC gategory he sure is, sure he tends to crash alot but that's normal for a russian driver.
    From the regular ERC drivers, who would you rate higher than him expect Kajetanovicz and Lukyanuk?
    And again, his crash in Poland has nothing to do with those "dangerous" roads, just him missing the corner. <-- This might drop him from the 3rd best/fastest ERC driver =)