Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
    I have raced almost al my life started at 9 years old on go karts and raced bmw porsche s did 24 hours of dubai etc. I have owned bmw's, some fwd and evo s and subaru s. I am 42 now. So you can say i have some experience on RWD and some fwd and awd cars I got my rally license at 40 years old. And started do some rally s and did in finland a rally training with subaru sti gr n with instruction from a finnish rally driver.

The problem i have driving a 4wd rally car coming out of a RWD car is that i counter steer way to early if the back steps out. The result is that you get understeer in the 4wd car. You need to wait longer with counters steer you need to rotate the car. If you do that with a RWD you go backwards into the bushes. RWD style is very different to 4wd. I think FWD comes closer to 4wd in style then RWD.

I am more a RWD fan. It s more of a handfull. I was considering which car i want to drive some rally s for maximum fun. So i am building myself almost an exact copy of E30 M3 prodrive rally car. Can t wait to drive the car!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvEvo View Post
    I have raced almost al my life started at 9 years old on go karts and raced bmw porsche s did 24 hours of dubai etc. I have owned bmw's, some fwd and evo s and subaru s. I am 42 now. So you can say i have some experience on RWD and some fwd and awd cars I got my rally license at 40 years old. And started do some rally s and did in finland a rally training with subaru sti gr n with instruction from a finnish rally driver.

The problem i have driving a 4wd rally car coming out of a RWD car is that i counter steer way to early if the back steps out. The result is that you get understeer in the 4wd car. You need to wait longer with counters steer you need to rotate the car. If you do that with a RWD you go backwards into the bushes. RWD style is very different to 4wd. I think FWD comes closer to 4wd in style then RWD.

I am more a RWD fan. It s more of a handfull. I was considering which car i want to drive some rally s for maximum fun. So i am building myself almost an exact copy of E30 M3 prodrive rally car. Can t wait to drive the car!

Oh such a shame so few people put where they are from in the profile...and give no hints with their name..
    So:
    Where are you from? Shall the BMW be for gravel? And what shall not be exact copy of the old Prodrive cars?

First thing that springs to my mind is bigger front struts!

Are you building the motor? the 16V 4 cylinder?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
    Sorry i am from holland.

The engine will be the 4 cil with 300hp. Car setup is for asphalt. We try to get as close as possible to the prodrive cars. Some parts will be new. Like it gets an electronic dash. Cage is almost the same only i wanted to have a cross next to the door and safety belts go on the cage. Otherwise it s like the original matter cage.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvEvo View Post
    Sorry i am from holland.

The engine will be the 4 cil with 300hp. Car setup is for asphalt. We try to get as close as possible to the prodrive cars. Some parts will be new. Like it gets an electronic dash. Cage is almost the same only i wanted to have a cross next to the door and safety belts go on the cage. Otherwise it s like the original matter cage.
    Very much OT!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    No disrespect but can we keep on topic? Lukyanuk ;-)
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    No disrespect but can we keep on topic? Lukyanuk ;-)
    Well can you get it back to his nice driving and his ability to 'dans' with the car...
    I am wondering where he got his skills, what was his nursery?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    What about something like this?
    his nickname is "Lukas", which would suit the livery even better :P

Anyway, I can't imagine that the big teams haven't considered him already, at least as a test driver or for selected events... And if they did not choose him, it means that it will probably be difficult to make it happen. There is already sufficient proof of his skills...

The bigger problem is that rallying is very much centered around Europe. No market in the US, almost nothing in Asia nor Oceania. In the Middle East, there's a lot of money but I don't think there is a proper rallying scene. So if Russia is not in good terms with the rest of Europe, it's going to be difficult for companies from either side to invest big money where it's already so difficult to measure the returns on investments (rallying).

I see no other solution than a Western European manufacturer showing they have some courage and putting him at least as a test driver on R5 or better. Now that Citroën Racing is running on almost 100% Arab funds, something might happen if they get the hint...

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Alexey will get a opportunity to drive Fiesta R5

www.waldviertel-rallye.at/cms/?p=4900

He will have some test before rally

9. Likes: miniwintz (31st October 2014)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArunasWRT View Post
    Alexey will get a opportunity to drive Fiesta R5

www.waldviertel-rallye.at/cms/?p=4900

He will have some test before rally
    Great news. Is this gravel rally? Any other good drivers in this rally? why he is going to drive this rally? is this possible preparation for wales rally gb? Never heard this rally? is this in hungary? where he got the car and money?

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satukata View Post
    Great news. Is this gravel rally? Any other good drivers in this rally? why he is going to drive this rally? is this possible preparation for wales rally gb? Never heard this rally? is this in hungary? where he got the car and money?
    Why not just google or read the rally website?

The rally is in Austria. The entry list should be published tomorrow, if I understood the German text correctly

Car/money, quite possibly from Ukraine. Why? Different co-driver and the team name 'We Want Peace'.

He isn't on the GB entry list.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

12. Likes: pantealex (28th October 2014),WRC1 (27th October 2014)