Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Not only driving but also setting the suspension is absolutely vital on such events. It requires a lot of experience to make it right and that's part of the game. Yes, asphalt doesn't forgive mistakes but that's been a fact since forever.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: cali (7th August 2017),dimviii (7th August 2017),Hartusvuori (7th August 2017),Jarek Z (7th August 2017),pantealex (7th August 2017),TWRC (7th August 2017)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    This whole discussion post-Rzeszow have revealed some people have quite weird look on rallying. How can these roads be too dangerous for rallying? As if it's roads fault some drivers can not adapt to conditions. Like it've been written here, this kind of roads require correct approach and experience. It doesn't come cheap. All in all, rallying in top level needs this kind of challenging roads. Tarmac is the ultimate test.

4. Likes: cali (7th August 2017),EightGear (7th August 2017),electroliquid (7th August 2017),Jarek Z (7th August 2017),MartijnS (7th August 2017),Mirek (7th August 2017),pantealex (7th August 2017),RS (7th August 2017),the sniper (7th August 2017),Walach (10th August 2017),WRC1 (7th August 2017)
    Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    Totally agree. Some of the guys on twitter were Irish. I'm Irish and hearing them giving out saying that fast bumpy asphalt is too dangerous is highly hypocritical, when they proclaim their own home events the best in the world. Safety is touchy subject at the moment and some criticism is justified. Alot of them are getting on their high horse, thinking they have all the solutions, when all they really want is a re tweet from Colin Clark!

6. Likes: EightGear (7th August 2017),Hartusvuori (7th August 2017),MartijnS (7th August 2017),Mirek (7th August 2017),pantealex (7th August 2017),the sniper (7th August 2017),TWRC (7th August 2017),Walach (10th August 2017)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I would take Lukyanuk over Kubica as a rally driver personally.
    But it's Kubica who is a world champion (WRC2) and not Lukyanuk, who cannot win ERC third year in a row...
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Rallyper, we know you dont like tarmac rallying but here were cases of bad driving, not the fault of the roads.

Bouffier had no problems here, nor Kajto. Why ? Experience.
    And talent!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    This whole discussion post-Rzeszow have revealed some people have quite weird look on rallying. How can these roads be too dangerous for rallying? As if it's roads fault some drivers can not adapt to conditions. Like it've been written here, this kind of roads require correct approach and experience. It doesn't come cheap. All in all, rallying in top level needs this kind of challenging roads. Tarmac is the ultimate test.
    I don´t see my view on rallying as weird, if it´s me you point out.

Having the combination of very demanding challenging fast roads requiring, and also as you point, talent, correct settings, correct judged speed, experience of adapting speed, then it should be it. But IF, and that is what appears on my mind, one or more of those skill/settings isn´t there the outcome is more than hazardous to life for drivers and spectators and secondly of course material (money)on those tarmac stages. And still you think it´s part of the game. Too risky in my point of view, being spectator for more than 55 years.
    The examples of crashes were too many in combination with spectators on wrong places. Only luck that no fatal accidents occured. So not my way of rallying it is.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Why does rally racing need to test driver's talent to adapt to bumps? This is not talent when I think of rallying.
    Is WRC some kind of Super Mario game, or what?
    Whoever wants bumps, Dakar Rally is wide open.

11. Likes: Rallyper (7th August 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Why does rally racing need to test driver's talent to adapt to bumps? This is not talent when I think of rallying.
    Is WRC some kind of Super Mario game, or what?
    Whoever wants bumps, Dakar Rally is wide open.
    Safety first, but if driver can't adapt to different roads and conditions and situations, circuit racing is wide open.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    Safety first, but if driver can't adapt to different roads and conditions and situations, circuit racing is wide open.
    Yes, but tarmac is supposed to be circuit version of rallying, or am I wrong?
    Maybe co-drivers have to learn to pickup apples while they jump over bumps. That will show who is the most talented.

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Yes, but tarmac is supposed to be circuit version of rallying, or am I wrong?
    Maybe, but I never heard about public tarmac road build special for rally. If some guys/girls had problems and other don't - it's more or less OK, if all have had problems - its too difficult, if none have problems it's too easy. Nobody says rallying is easy, but there are crew who do it anyway, some better than others.