Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie troubles

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Bernie troubles

https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/for...18153--f1.html

so he finally admitted to bribery or extortion, or hush money, taker your pick

if the german got 8 1/2 years in jail for receiving it thenwhat will bErnie get?
    I hope this will mean he is out of F1 and that the ridiculously high track fees will be a thing of the past
    or that the money will be more evenly spread around and more transparency will take place, thus ensuring the survival of F1 and its teams rather than some secretive" eyes wide shut" style organization where everyone negotiates their personal agreements in an unnatural unbalanced and unfair manner.
    I say good riddance. He may have elevated the stature of F1 but it has come at a steep price for the good of the sport, and its fans, least of which are the nasty influx of pay channels that pretty much is killing off the fan base. and virtually no social media or web based products that make too much sense for bernie and his cohorts to do
    Last edited by truefan72; 16th July 2014 at 21:41.
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: Tazio (16th July 2014)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Tinted rose glasses Mr Truefan.

Mr Bernie never go jail. $$Billions$$ buys many year legal discussion so make no sense to keep attack up.

Bernie will slip out of public lamp light but CVC and other parties move him out. Perhaps he convenient figure head today for politics but he go slowly out later this year and next.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    As long as enough people watch F1 on TV to attract advertising revenues, F1 will continue in its present form and the structure Bernie has creatted will survive.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
    As long as enough people watch F1 on TV to attract advertising revenues, F1 will continue in its present form and the structure Bernie has creatted will survive.
    It will as long as Bernie doesn't take F1 down with him. His age has meant him moving on has been on the cards for a long while now anyway.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by MacFeegle View Post
    Tinted rose glasses Mr Truefan.

Mr Bernie never go jail. $$Billions$$ buys many year legal discussion so make no sense to keep attack up.

Bernie will slip out of public lamp light but CVC and other parties move him out. Perhaps he convenient figure head today for politics but he go slowly out later this year and next.
    I can barely understand what you are saying
    it strikes me that you are a former poster with a new identity trying to sound "different"
    nobody writes that way. and your grammar indicates you have a better understanding and command of the language than you are letting on
    SMH

7. Likes: henners88 (16th July 2014),Koz (16th July 2014),Tazio (17th July 2014)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Don't lose your own topic , truefan .
    You can pretty much figure it out , so if he wishes to post like Tarzan would write , then don't bother to react to the way he posts , but rather to what he posts .

If you don't get it , tell him to explain , rather than bog down your own discussion .

As to that discussion , sure , he admitted even suggesting the payment , but I took it , seemingly , exactly opposite to the way you did .

He said he had suggested it sarcastically , in discussions where it was suggested he had a lot to lose , if the tax man were involved .
    As such , if we believe him , it follows logically that the impetus was not from Bernie to keep control , but rather that Gribowski knew that he could shake him down about the tax situation , and at the same time favour Bernie in the negotiations .

As Bernie did end up still in the chair , it seemingly becomes a question of which was the first reason this shake-down occurred .
    It is a possibility that Gribowski only arrived at the idea when Bernie suggested it , but it doesn't seem likely , given that there has been testimony that says the word "taxes" was bandied about in the discussions .

Like I said , I took it the opposite way .
    I guess that's why they have a judge .

9. Likes: truefan72 (16th July 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Don't lose your own topic , truefan .
    You can pretty much figure it out , so if he wishes to post like Tarzan would write , then don't bother to react to the way he posts , but rather to what he posts .

If you don't get it , tell him to explain , rather than bog down your own discussion .\
    I hear you, just lost my cool for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    As to that discussion , sure , he admitted even suggesting the payment , but I took it , seemingly , exactly opposite to the way you did .

He said he had suggested it sarcastically , in discussions where it was suggested he had a lot to lose , if the tax man were involved .
    As such , if we believe him , it follows logically that the impetus was not from Bernie to keep control , but rather that Gribowski knew that he could shake him down about the tax situation , and at the same time favour Bernie in the negotiations .

As Bernie did end up still in the chair , it seemingly becomes a question of which was the first reason this shake-down occurred .
    It is a possibility that Gribowski only arrived at the idea when Bernie suggested it , but it doesn't seem likely , given that there has been testimony that says the word "taxes" was bandied about in the discussions .

Like I said , I took it the opposite way .
    I guess that's why they have a judge .
    Well Bernie is a very calculating man and i don't think he would do or say anything in jest when it comes down to money, then proceed to make the payment under the understanding that he maintains his control/power status. It comes down to this. one guy is in jail for one side of the deal and other guy is not, but now in court. And I'd say the both parties should be found equally as guilty under the law. If that means a release from jail and a hefty fine for Gribowski and a hefty fine and ban from F1 business for Bernie, then that is ok. But if Gribowski remains in jail, then what should happen to Bernie if found guilty?
    Last edited by truefan72; 19th July 2014 at 18:33.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Well Bernie is a very calculating man and i don;t think he would do it say anything in just when it comes down to money, then proceed to make the payment under the understanding that he maintains his control/power status. It comes down to this. one guy is in jail for one side of the deal and other guy is not, but now in court. And I'd say the both parties should be found equally as guilty under the law. If that means a release from jail and a hefty fine for Gribowski and a hefty fine and ban from F1 business for Bernie, then that is ok. But if Gribowski remains in jail, then what should happen to Bernie if found guilty?
    I'm not an expert or a lawyer, so I don't know, but based on what the article says it may not be that simple.

It sounds like much of the case hinges on the fact that Gribowski was working for a bank that was government owned, and therefore technically a "public official", which is necessary for the charges of bribery and corruption of a public official.

Bernie can argue that he was not aware of Gribowski's status as a public official, and if that is persuasive the bribery charge wont't stick (I think... I'm extrapolating from the article here). On the other hand, Gribowski couldn't have made the same argument; he must necessarily have known what his own status was, and he took a bribe to carry out some specific action in has capacity as a public official.

At least, that's what it sounds like the argument is...

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Ask pleas for different explain and I make effort but I no understand hostile. I insult you?

I good understand of language but you not understand. Confuse?

You think I famous member, that ok. I no mind. It make me happy

13. Likes: donKey jote (19th July 2014),N4D13 (20th July 2014)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    If Bernie would rather pay someone $50m to shut up than pay accountants to explain his tax affairs to the Inland Revenue, then the Inland Revenue should really be looking at his tax affairs.