Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    I look at it this way:

He can't win the title every year until he retires. No one can, so, no worries.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Well, we've said that he has to learn to drive intuitively after having to learn to drive counterintuitively... whatever that means. But that explanation has sort of an expiration date so we need to find something new or else people we'll start saying he's just a one trick pony... I know I'm not very imaginative here but how about... sabotage? I apologize if someone else has came up with that already.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    One trick pony?

I don't think four trophies would constitute a one hit wonder...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

4. Likes: steveaki13 (8th September 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    4 trophies. But it was the same story. Not good enough to win a Domestic Rally comp.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    In a way I feel sorry for Vettel. It must be quite difficult going through what he is going through now. Having fooled experienced guys like Brundle into thinking that he was one of the greats and to be so badly exposed like this. As much as I don't like the guy, this is just utterly humiliating what Ricciardo is doing to him.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I look at it this way:

He can't win the title every year until he retires. No one can, so, no worries.
    yeah but a few world champions dont win a race a year after they have been champions in a row.. huh

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    All I can say is that I am surprised Vettel is getting beaten so badly by his teammate. As a Vettel fan, I have no way to answer that. Ricciardo is simply brilliant.

However, I don't think Vettel's won his last race or anything. He might even have a championship or two left in him. Certainly not this year, but I think eventually he will come out of this slump and get competitive again.

You've got to remember that Vettel made Mark Webber look ordinary, and Webber now drives for the Porsche factory team. I can't remember the last time they hired someone ordinary to drive for them at LeMans. There is simply too much money and too much corporate image (especially for Porsche and especially at LeMans) at stake to hire less than the best drivers available.

If indeed Vettel is just a worthless hack who found himself in an unbeatable car for four consecutive years, that does not speak very highly of the state of Formula or the competing teams. If a hack driver can so soundly thrash Alonso in a Ferrari four years in a row, what does that say about any team outside of Red Bull?

I think the answer is that Red Bull had a dominant car and Vettel got the most out of it. As to what's wrong now, my best guess is that he is simply burned out. The pressure of four championships in a row has got to be very wearing.

After the years of Prost, Senna and Schumacher chopping, blocking, swerving and crashing into other drivers on purpose, I guess I liked the idea of having an honest champion who won his titles cleanly and sportingly. I've never seen Vettel pull a dirty trick, which is why I admire him. I'll also go so far as to say the same thing about Alonso and Hamilton. Ricciardo and Botas seem to be very fair racers too. Currently I don't see a villain in F1, though Rosberg has raised a few eyebrows

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    I read somewhere that Seb has named his new car 'Billy's Missus'.

10. Likes: donKey jote (8th September 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think some of you are going a bit overboard on the Vettel bashing personally. I know its easy to in order to balance out certain members views on here.

He may not be up with the other 4 time World Champions or even 3 time world champions, but 4 titles is what he and Red Bull have and he had to be one hell of a driver to do that.

He should be proud of what he has achieved and revel in that even if he never wins another.

I guess its clear its maybe not as hard to win a title these days, which in itself is surprising because modern F1 tends to be more competitive in terms of the whole pack, but domination appears to be all to common these days.

We need a season where the title is a season long battle between 2 or 3 drivers from 2 or 3 teams. That would spice up F1 again.

As it is at least Rosberg is not 100 points ahead of Hamilton and we do have a title fight
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    When was the last time the reigning world champion failed to win a race the following year? Villeneuve in 1998? Vettel is half way to achieving the feat which says everything you need to know about his season.
    Schumacher in 05 (USGP doesn't count)