Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

The Official Sebastian Vettel Fan Support Group Thread

To All Vettel fans,

After this British GP, the right moment has come to admit that serious problems plague our community. For years, haters said that our glorious four-time world champion was winning only because of Adrian Newey designed car. There were accusations of cheating and sabotage at Red Bull. Normally, we shrugged off those accusations. However, it's very hard to ignore the reality in 2014. Vettel is being beaten by his aussie rookie teammate in WDC. To add the insult to injury, the haters are saying that Vettel is the whiniest driver on the grid. I was trying to take some comfort in the fact that, despite finishing only fifth and behind his teammate, Vettel still beat Alonso on Sunday. However, after the race Alonso said that Vettel's car was two seconds a lap fast.

I can't take this any more. I feel so depressed. So Vettel fans. Let's hold each other's hands and try to help each other through this difficult season. And let's not forget about Raikkonen's fans. They are living through a difficult, enduring time as well. May our communities work together in order to become stronger.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Hand holding isn't going to help Seb, and it certainly isn't going to help Kimi. Both are drivers that have had better days, yet both are currently having some issues that should give them a reality check. For fans of either, it should do the same.

As for the "haters" thing, I think a lot of that if fueled by smack talk in the years they are doing well, and often forum members (and others) are quick to return the smack talk when things turn. If people can't take it, they shouldn't dish it out when the shoe is on the other foot. In reality I think a lot of people get WAY too wrapped up in the stuff myself. If my favorite driver is dominating it doesn't mean squat in regards to my talents.

Kimi is being humbled way worse than Seb at the moment, but nobody is saying that everyone hates Kimi. They are just stating facts, and the fact is that Alonso is making Kimi look like a taxi driver at the moment. Tazio is laying it on thick, but he's still upset that Fred couldn't get a title for Ferrari. And the fact is that neither of them has had a title in quite a while, despite Fred driving the wheels off a pig for years now.

Seb is being beaten by Daniel, and it's a blow to him after years of being the top driver. It could be he doesn't get along with the new cars, it could be that Ricciardo is just a better driver. Only time will tell. I think Seb thrives on being #1 in a team, and with Webber gone things have changed.

Currently I do think Seb is among the whiningest drivers on the grid, and he's made it apparent he is not a team player. With statement like "tough luck" it shouldn't be a shock that he had drawn some critical eyes. Personally I think he's dealing with the same issues Hamilton had for a period, mainly being losing his cool and letting it get in his head. If he would just calm down and drive, he is still among the top drivers, and his results would be in line with what the car can do against the current competition.

Until then, I'm not shedding any tears over any of it. I think the current field has so much talent that it's easy for a driver to go from hero to zero quickly. Seb isn't there yet, but if Newey leaves the RB cars could be in real trouble IMO. Kimi is already there, but he doesn't care. And if the cars change, either of them could be back on better form quickly.

3. Likes: andyone (14th July 2014),henners88 (8th July 2014),Tazio (9th July 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Nicely said airshifter. Seb is going through a rough patch but even rival fans have seen him drive better. Time will tell as you say concerning his performance in comparison to his team mate but his fans need to remember the shoe was on the other foot 12 months ago and a lot was rubbed in. The beauty of F1 is nobody stays at the top forever and these top guys need to cope with mental, and performance slumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Again, very well put Airshifter.

I'm not sure a Vettel, or Hamilton, Kimi, Alonso fanboys own thread for that matter, is the best idea tbh. I fear it may encourage even more cliqueness and division when we should all be united and enjoying one of the better F1 seasons in recent years.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    This thread isn't for me, I've spent the season so far taking delight in people realising that Vettel isn't as good as a number of other drivers on the grid....Fernando on the other hand...
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Don't worry. Vettel will be back.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Don't worry. Vettel will be back.
    It's interesting to note that the majority of the people in the Pickems picked Vettel to place ahead of Alonso, yet the majority also picked Ricciardo to finish ahead of Vettel. He needs to get his head back in the game if he wants to be the number 1 driver on the team again. He's almost being too nice to Ricciardo.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    When Vettel qualified second I was hoping this was his weekend to turn it around, but then he got a horrible start. He still did not do too badly, but what a comedown from winning 4 straight titles and then all those races in a row. He's got to be in a bit of shock.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    When was the last time the reigning world champion failed to win a race the following year? Villeneuve in 1998? Vettel is half way to achieving the feat which says everything you need to know about his season.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Vettel lovers hold hand and cry tears in huddle. I like, very funny.

Is for real? People think this?

Sad people, grow up.