Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    2010 was one of the most competitive years of all time. 2012 was pretty good too, with the title battle going into the last race of season.
    2010 wasn't competitive. Vettel and Webber should've had a similar season to what the MB drivers are having this year. They were terrible that year. Even Hamilton choked in the last 1/4, and Alonso was sloppy in the first half of the season. It was an entertaining battle. But both 2010 and 12 were weak titles

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Of course it counts. He won that race for the very reason he was unable to win any of the others..
    Spare me

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Vettel has fans?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

3. Likes: steveaki13 (10th September 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Vettel has fans?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I like sebastian, still do. He is one of the greatest driver on the F1 grid. Some people like to bash him, they have their agenda. I pitty them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    I like sebastian, still do. He is one of the greatest driver on the F1 grid. Some people like to bash him, they have their agenda. I pitty them.
    I agree Mia. He is one of the best 3 drivers on the grid. You don't win 4 titles by luck

7. Likes: Mia 01 (10th September 2014)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Vettel has fans?
    Yes, a couple of these ones.

9. Likes: andyone (11th September 2014),Tazio (11th September 2014)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I agree Mia. He is one of the best 3 drivers on the grid. You don't win 4 titles by luck
    Just curious as to who you would consider the other two drivers?

I think Seb is still a very good driver, but also had the luxury of the dominant car. With Webber in the other RB, team domination was easy. I still don't quite know where to rate him though, as now Ricciardo is beating him on a regular basis. I don't think I could rate him top 3, but maybe top 6-8.

I actually see Seb as being very similar to Lewis. At times he can be super focused and fast on track, but at other times he lets other drivers get into his head and he does some things that hurt him in the long run. But that applies to quite a few drivers, and with the pressure these guys have I can't at all blame them for being human when your every move is watched by such a large group.

I think the love or hate feelings many express about Seb are often common with any driver doing really well for an extended period. It's sad really. I won't make time to bash him or praise him as above all others, and only time will tell where I decide he really falls in terms of total driver talent. But I can certainly agree, you don't win multiple titles on luck alone.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Perhaps after six years of wild success Vettel kind of lost the motivation or the kind of hunger he used to have. Or perhaps, he simply feels disoriented and lost focus?

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Just curious as to who you would consider the other two drivers?
    Just so everyone waiting to bash me can, I rate the most complete drivers currently

1. Alonso - A fair bit clear of the rest in my opinion
    2. Hamilton - He is fast in a good car out front, but also battles hard. Not near Alonso, but still second
    3. Vettel - He is fast and has a good way of getting the team around him, like Schumi. He cannot outperform a car like Alonso, but I think he is 3rd best.

For those about to tell me Ricciardo is better cause of this season, I will stop you now. 4 titles won and in the bag and some are ready to say Ricciardo is better. Thats laughable really. He is better this season, or in this car, but he didn't win a race in a Toro Rosso and finish top 5 5 or 6 times and hasn't won 30 odd races and 4 titles.

out of interest

4. Raikkonen - easy to mock him, but last season he was winning races
    5. Ricciardo - Moved up some places in my eyes this year.
    6. Rosberg - After Nico it becomes less clear.

13. Likes: Mia 01 (12th September 2014)
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    For those about to tell me Ricciardo is better cause of this season, I will stop you now. 4 titles won and in the bag and some are ready to say Ricciardo is better. Thats laughable really. He is better this season, or in this car, but he didn't win a race in a Toro Rosso and finish top 5 5 or 6 times and hasn't won 30 odd races and 4 titles.
    But you are comparing apples and oranges there, because obviously just because they both raced for the same team at different times does not mean that the cars they drove had the same strengths and weaknesses compared to the rest of the field they raced. So their results are not that comparable. I consider adaptability part of completeness, and we're more than halfway through the season and Vettel lost 30+ seconds to Ricciardo in the Italian Grand Prix despite being faster in every practice and qualifying session. One would've expected a more complete driver than Ricciardo to start outracing him at least by this point of the season.

15. Likes: journeyman racer (12th September 2014)