Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts

Pocono - Spoiler Alert!

Overall a very good race for many drivers, and a terrible race for only a few.

New record as the fastest 500 mile race in Indy Car history with an average speed of over 202 MPH. Only one caution period taking place had a lot to do with that. It was also a record for the most laps without a caution in a 500 mile race.

Montoya seemed to have control the entire race. He played his cards right, saved fuel by not being worried with running up front, and made sure he had the fuel strategy in hand if he needed it. I personally don't think he ever needed it anyway, and he made it look too easy in the end.

Freaking STUPID move by Power on Helio. That could have ended in tears for both of them. The contact with Montoya was aggressive but fair IMO, but that double move on Helio had no excuse at all.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    I missed the whole thing as we had company all day. Sounds like a decent race.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I missed the whole thing as we had company all day. Sounds like a decent race.
    Strategically, I thought it was interesting, but there wasn't that much wheel to wheel racing until the end.

Sorry to see Will P. get that penalty. If it were any other driver than Helio, I'd say he deserved it, but with Helio's proclivity towards blocking, I'd have a hard time calling Will for what he did. But, I suppose you can't really officiate a series that way. Will needs to realize that he's not the strongest of oval racers and just take what he can get on the ovals. Third would have been fine. It's entirely possible he could have counterattacked Helio, but we'll never know now.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Fans desert the board just when JPM wins his first GP since the come back. The race looked pretty intense. It probably looked a lot better live than on TV though.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    How did the track look on TV? I haven't been there in a few years. Supposedly the new owner has done a lot of improvement. I'll be there in August on the road course.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Zako85,

That is a shame. I'll admit I watched a little NASCAR when JPM moved to that, and knew he would do good on road courses, but my viewing didn't last all that long. Him going back to Indy was one of the things that got me recording the races again, and he didn't disappoint. At Pocono it seemed to me that he had complete control.

Starter,

From the camera views I couldn't see much of anything different really. But I guess you'll find out soon enough....