Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Getting ready to buy a new car. Considered a GM model. But...

The Chevy dealer said he was all out of the ones with the optional brakes and air bags that actually worked. Might have some more in next month though. Maybe I'll check back then. Wonder if BNP Paribas will finance it for me?

Thank you and good evening. I'll be here all week. And don't forget to tip your waitress... or is that "wait person technician" now?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

2. Likes: airshifter (3rd July 2014)
    Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    What are the specs you are looking for, Jag?

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Remember to also get the optional key cylinder that won't turn the car off while you are driving. It's just a much better driving experience when you retain power steering and brakes on a twisty road!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odykas View Post
    What are the specs you are looking for, Jag?
    They had two on the lot that they said wouldn't randomly catch fire. But functioning brakes and air bags were only on the limited edition models. Dude said he could get me a Camaro that was hand-signed by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. that very day. But if I wanted one that also had functioning brakes and air bags... I'd have to get on a (long) waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Remember to also get the optional key cylinder that won't turn the car off while you are driving. It's just a much better driving experience when you retain power steering and brakes on a twisty road!
    The dealer said the models with the ignition switches that wouldn't shut off, if slightly bumped with a knee, were just prototypes right now and those actual cars wouldn't go on sale til late next year... if then.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    GM = general malfunction?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    They had two on the lot that they said wouldn't randomly catch fire. But functioning brakes and air bags were only on the limited edition models. Dude said he could get me a Camaro that was hand-signed by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. that very day. But if I wanted one that also had functioning brakes and air bags... I'd have to get on a (long) waiting list.

The dealer said the models with the ignition switches that wouldn't shut off, if slightly bumped with a knee, were just prototypes right now and those actual cars wouldn't go on sale til late next year... if then.
    You'd be wanting a Chevrolet SS then. Those cars are the Holden Commodore and built in Australia... until 2016.

Oh yeah, the only part of the entire of the GM empire which was profitable during the Chapter XI restructure and which didn't have any of those ignition switch problems at all because those parts were also built in Australia (because Holden refused to import those parts because of quality control issues), was deemed too expensive and GM decided to terminate Holden production entirely.

Aside:
    Come 2017, Australia will be the only nation in the G20 which doesn't produce cars any more. Thanks Ford, Thanks Toyota, Thanks GM. You can all go into Chapter XI for all I care.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    You'd be wanting a Chevrolet SS then. Those cars are the Holden Commodore and built in Australia... until 2016.

Oh yeah, the only part of the entire of the GM empire which was profitable during the Chapter XI restructure and which didn't have any of those ignition switch problems at all because those parts were also built in Australia (because Holden refused to import those parts because of quality control issues), was deemed too expensive and GM decided to terminate Holden production entirely.

Aside:
    Come 2017, Australia will be the only nation in the G20 which doesn't produce cars any more. Thanks Ford, Thanks Toyota, Thanks GM. You can all go into Chapter XI for all I care.
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

The real tragedy of all of this was that the Abbott Government dared GM to leave... so they did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvWbO_mIpn4
    In one fell swoop, the Liberal Party lurched even further to the right and is now doing its level best to out-Thatcher Thatcher.

The Australia Network which was owned by the ABC was a target of the Murdoch press and was summarily shut down. Australia Post is set to be privatised and there's even plans to privatise the ABC, SBS and Medicare.

This country is on an express train to hell and it's selling off the coal to China to help it get there.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Just to confuse people:
    The Liberal Party of Australia, is a member of the International Democrat Union which is a group of centre-right political parties of which the Tories in the UK and the GOP in the US are members.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Just to confuse people:
    The Liberal Party of Australia, is a member of the International Democrat Union which is a group of centre-right political parties of which the Tories in the UK and the GOP in the US are members.
    Nice to know that the US isn't the only country with screwed up politics. Restores my faith in human nature.

Perhaps if we took your Liberal Party and our Democratic Party, put them both in a blender, we'd have reasonable government for two countries.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover