Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

The Black Curse of the World Cup prophecy?

A week ago the group stage of the WC ended, and we saw the football superpowers of England, Italy and Spain knocked out. At the sane time, as the World Cup is still going on, we continue seeing the bona fide teams and drivers of England, Italy, and Spain, that is Alonso, Ferrari, McLaren, and Hamilton, go down like never before. As Switzerland was being knocked out yesterday, my thoughts were with Sauber who hasn't scored a point this season. COINCIDENCE?!??!?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I would hardly call England one of footballs superpowers. We must be one of the most overrated international teams in history and we only get considered a top team because firstly we once won the World Cup and secondly we have the Premier League. This doesn't stop us getting behind them and hoping all the years of hurt won't end each time they play lol.

Its a sporting curse that may have spread to Formula One or Zako your account here has been hacked over the last few days

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Zako-dude so lame! In soccer they all use the same ball. How on gods green earth can you drag alonso into this when he is driving as well as he ever has, just in a funky car? Dude you're wack!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    I laughed hard at your joke of football superpower and England.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

5. Likes: Tazio (5th July 2014)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I don't know else, but Germany seems to be doing well in both football and F1. They have perhaps other sports, where they can ask serious questions, how to do better, but not these.

In football they have reached the top 4 consistently ever since 2006 in both World Cups and Euros. That is 5 tournaments in a row. Pretty solid. Yet to win though.

Germany is very competitive in F1 with drivers, they have usually somebody close to the front, be it Vettel, Rosberg or now among teams Mercedes GP.

Maybe Spain/Germany and Alonso/Vettel should be swapped in this comparison. Spain was winning it all for 3 tournaments in a row only to go down now - like Vettel. Germany was among the closest rivals, but didn't really win - like Alonso. Though now Germany has a much better chance of winning than Alonso does...

England is much more competitive in F1 than in football, no question about that.

Italy? Both their football team and Ferrari have done a fair bit winning throughout history, but granted, they have had some serious lean periods too. Like right now.

Funny brain exercise though - to create random comparisons. This time between two different sports.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I would hardly call England one of footballs superpowers. We must be one of the most overrated international teams in history and we only get considered a top team because firstly we once won the World Cup and secondly we have the Premier League.
    The England of Formula One is Vanwall.

Vanwall won one Constructors' Championship ages ago and their fans won't shut up about it

"We love you Vanwall, we do.
    We love you Vanwall, we do.
    We love you Vanwall, we do... whoa...
    Vanwall we love you."

And it's Vanwall Racing, Vanwall Racing GP.
    We're by far the greatest team <cough cough>, the world has ever seen.
    And it's Vanwall Racing, Vanwall Racing GP.

Ooh ah, Trintignant
    Say ooh ah, Trintignant!
    Ooh ah, Trintignant
    Say ooh ah, Trintignant!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

8. Likes: henners88 (11th July 2014),Tazio (12th July 2014)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Argentina in F1? Fangio come back?

Bendy leg partner Messi?

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    There's an uncanny resemblance between the world cup results of the Romanian national team and the results of the Romanian F1 drivers too.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    ~ In soccer they all use the same ball. ~
    Isn't that what Bernie and his cohorts are trying to turn F1 into?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

12. Likes: steveaki13 (11th July 2014)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
    Isn't that what Bernie and his cohorts are trying to turn F1 into?
    Of course mate and it has pissed me off to no end. but you could put any of the current pilots in the field into the Mercedes, and at this stage of the season, any pilot would be in first or second place in the WDC.
    Anyway stick/ball games and motorsports are a bad comparison.
    As for curses; I quit being superstitious right about the same time I was ex-communicated from the church.
    May the forza be with you