Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Lewis gave up while Nico persevered, got lucky and took the spoils. There is a saying that on the whole you make your own luck and I can relate that to situations like Q3 today. Yes there are still ten races to go but its certainly looking very good for Nico at this stage in terms of having both a points lead and a psychological edge over Lewis.

Nico is certainly looking the more hungry of the two to me and after Lewis being hit with a huge psychological blow like that on home turf which will put even more pressure on him. Will he be able to handle it? Right now I'm doubting that.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

2. Likes: Tazio (5th July 2014)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Just got in and saw the result having had to go out before Q3.

Wow that was some error from Hamilton. He does look quite despondent. A real shame as I would even say there are shades of Fisichella here i.e. not seeming that strong mentally.

Superb effort from Marussia though. What a shame Chilton has a gearbox penalty on his highest ever finishing position. Hopefully Bianchi might be able to capitalise and get an important top 13 result to help consolidate those 2pts a bit.

But congrats to Rosberg who got this fair and square this time. I feel Silverstone has been a weaker track for him historically (see my memories in post #2) so to win this one would be a big deal. This championship is seeming a little like 1984 (rather than 1988). To be fair to Nico, Zico, I wouldn't say he was lucky today, though I hear he escaped another penalty yesterday. 9 lives or what?

Seb should get a podium tomorrow all going well. He needs to do well against Dan this time, and it's looking good today.

Shocked to see Ferrari and Williams out as I didn't think we'd get another Malaysia 2010, the teams having learned and become more professional.
    Last edited by rjbetty; 5th July 2014 at 16:15.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

4. Likes: Tazio (5th July 2014)
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    And he can't even blame anyone else as he decided himself to break off the lap. Way to fight for the championship...
    Don't you understand? He's hungrier than Rosberg. HUNGRIER!

6. Likes: dj_bytedisaster (5th July 2014),Tazio (5th July 2014)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    I noted with interest there is some debate as to whether Lewis deliberately aborted his lap to stop Nico getting one in, a la Monaco!

Was wondering how I´d react if the shoe was ever on the other foot.

But the key difference is Lewis didn´t benefit at all from the mistake, Nico did.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

8. Likes: Tazio (5th July 2014)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    To be fair to Nico, Zico, I wouldn't say he was lucky today....

Yeah you're right.. that is a bit unfair on Nico as he fully deserves it.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Maybe Vettel is starting to turn his season around. He certainly hasn't given up.

It also looks like Button is "trying harder," doesn't it?

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Don't you understand? He's hungrier than Rosberg. HUNGRIER!
    If today's display is anything to go by, I'd say he's dumb as a brick.

There's a good chance that he might win tomorrow. The Merc can finish 2nd on its own and Rosberg is overdue for a mechanical, but that quali does not leave Lewis unscathed. The - as per himself - not-so-hungry Rosberg outfoxed him by just not being a blithering idiot. Say what you want - Lewis is fast and brave, but he definitely isn't smart.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Wow we are on, for Bianchi & Chilton into Q2.

Fred, Kimi, and the might of Ferrari punked by Bianchi, Chilton, and the mouse of Marussia! I would cry if it wan't so pathetic on the part of a big team. Yet they pushed the drivers? Hero to zero for Williams, once again on strategy. In all fairness it was a short window for dry tires, but still..... that has to hurt!

As for Lewis, I see all the critics are out in force. In hindsight a bad move, but in his case he has the preserve the car due to Nico having better luck with reliability through the season. Being in front, Nico has much less to lose by pushing it some. Lewis is only starting 6th, and it's certainly not the end of the world.

Good lap by Seb, and wet weather could play to the RBs. Jenson also seems to do well with changing conditions. Fred and Kimi have little to lose regardless of conditions and both Bottas and Massa have to save face as well. If we get any wet and changing conditions I can see the race really shaking up. If it stays dry hard to tell, but I think with his tire preservation Perez might have a shot at a podium. He's due.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I personally am hoping for some rain and Bianchi to enjoy his 12th placed start.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

14. Likes: Tazio (5th July 2014)
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Just watch 'zo tomorrow
    May the forza be with you