Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Overall, a pretty good race weekend. The race track configuration is definitely very good. In fact, I think it's become a kind of a gem in the IndyCar schedule.
    It's a shame it's so rough, otherwise it is interesting overall. I think if the track was smoother we would see more competitive racing, as it seems everyone is chasing setups dealing with the bumps.

JPM's comment on the bumps was comical. I forget the exacts but he was taking the attitude of shut up and drive.

And did anyone catch where the language censors obviously missed some of A.J.'s comments?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Did you ever watch the Saturday coverage?
    Haven't had time to chase it down. Got a link?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Haven't had time to chase it down. Got a link?
    I don't see anything popping up. I always DVR the races.

But if you liked the second race, the first was just as good. I'll avoid any spoilers but the podium was a shocker. Some great moves in changing conditions, and some bonehead moves as well. Worth trying to find.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    I don't see anything popping up. I always DVR the races.

But if you liked the second race, the first was just as good. I'll avoid any spoilers but the podium was a shocker. Some great moves in changing conditions, and some bonehead moves as well. Worth trying to find.
    Those parts I know because I saw the pre race on Sunday.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    It's a shame it's so rough, otherwise it is interesting overall. I think if the track was smoother we would see more competitive racing, as it seems everyone is chasing setups dealing with the bumps.
    There was a lot of dam good racing going on both days. Admittedly the rain always makes things more interesting, but Sunday was dry and that was really good too.

The circuit, though is absolutely horrible, though they reported spend over a million dollars smoothing out some of the paving and improving the fencing. I think they are throwing good money after bad because the place is so rough it even broke the factory Audis when they were here during the champcar era. This place makes Sebring look like a billiard table. Last year helio broke the car in half over one of the bumps, though thankfully they fixed that for this year's race.

However, Shell wants Indycar there and you gotta accommodate a company that wants to put that kind of money into the series.

Houston, Toronto and Detroit have historically been awful venues that produce terrible races, but since they started the double header format every race has been a barn burner. I don't think it is the format so much that provides the great racing, but the DW12 chassis. That is one tough, racy car. If it was a little more attractive I could even love it.

This weekend is the Pocono 500, and if Indianapolis is anything to go by, this should be really good race too.