Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Hmm,

the sauber situation is a curious one indeed

I thought sutil brought his own sponsorship with him and also had a seat for next year, so that will have to be sorted out.
    Sutil's downside is that he crashes a lot. Probably on par or more so than maldonado. the difference being that i think maldonado is a much better driver when he is on.

But for what its worth, I think sutil is still way better than either ericsson and especially nasr who i watched extensively in gp2. Nasr like others have said, is like a combination of the worst of massa and rosberg. Yes he is a capable driver...but then again so is everyone up and down the grid. but is not a strong pack driver, doesn't have the killer instinct and tends to go the safe route rather than "winning " route in his approach to races. I have seen nothing in his gp2 drives that would indicate anything other than an F1 backmarker imo.

In many ways this is an indictment of F1 and it lack of revenue sharing system that we see Sauber take a step back with its two drivers who are clearly much poorer than the 2 they have on the roster, in essence 2 mediocre pay drivers. I would have loved to see buemi in that sauber seat. But sadly for him, all he has to offer is his lightning speed and pedigree. Things that you would think would be attractive to any team.

Seriously what is the point of being in F1 as a team if you have mediocre drivers who can't even extract the car's potential or push its development forward.
    Yes they will have money, but to what end?
    you can't argue with results.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Felipe Nasr to drive for Sauber next season. HE's bringing youth and money - two things needed to drive in F1. \

https://www.facebook.com/sauberf1tea...type=1&theater
    Felipe Nasr; that won't cause any confusion then. Should have popped up "Sorry that name is already taken"
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    My prediction for the 2015 Formula 1 season: Ross Brawn buys Marussia team for $1, hires Button and Barrichello, wins double championships again, then sells the team to Audi for $100 million.

4. Likes: N. Jones (7th November 2014),pob (8th November 2014)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    My prediction for the 2015 Formula 1 season: Ross Brawn buys Marussia team for $1, hires Button and Barrichello, wins double championships again, then sells the team to Audi for $100 million.
    if only that were true.

I cannot image F1 in 2015 with only 18 cars
    i blame max miosley for this nonsense.
    then I blame the FIA and bernie
    He effectively blackmailed the 3 entries and handicapped them from the start with his cosworth engine nonsense and "budget teams"
    then they refused to allow the former toyota team to enter F1, despite toyota already having a fully developed car in place, and denied other more viable and financially secure teams.

Then i blame bernie and his cohorts for their stupid archaic and untenable payout system, when all logic dictates a revenue sharing system.

Now we are short 4 seats for next year and the silly season has become the sad season
    you can't argue with results.

6. Likes: Warriwa (8th November 2014)
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Felipe Nasr; that won't cause any confusion then. Should have popped up "Sorry that name is already taken"
    It certainly confused me when I heard it on the radio the other day. I immediately did 2+2=5 and assumed Alonso was doing a 1 year deal with Williams so Felipe M had to fall on his sword and go back to his roots with Sauber. Not being a follower of GP2 I had never heard of the other Felipe.

9. Likes: Tazio (7th November 2014)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    if only that were true.

I cannot image F1 in 2015 with only 18 cars
    i blame max miosley for this nonsense.
    then I blame the FIA and bernie
    I started to think about this issue 2-3 years ago. Indeed, one serious problem with F1 is that it is pretty much impossible for a brand new team to establish itself in the sport. If you look at all the top and midfield teams, they started their life decades ago: Mercedes tracing its roots to Brawn, Honda and Tyrrell, Red Bull based on Jaguar which was based on Stewart, Toro Rosso taking over Minardi, etc. Basically all "new" teams of the 21st century simply started by taking over older struggling teams. But where is at least one well established team that was created from nothing in the last 15 years or so?

I believe it's crucial for the sport of F1 to make it possible for newcomers to join and adopt to racing. Otherwise, how else will F1 make up for the fact that sometimes teams go out of business for good without giving birth to new team? Toyota folded completely. So did Prost, Lotus, and many other teams. Of course, if this is allowed to happen, we can end up with 9, 8, or just 7 teams with no hope of adding new successful teams.

We know that most newcomers are probably destined to fail in the long term, but we need to have at least one out of two-three to be able to succeed. Given the costs, I don't think that's possible. I think the way to go forward, is to allow some times to buy a customer chassis from another team, or to do joint chassis development.
    Last edited by zako85; 7th November 2014 at 15:29.

11. Likes: jens (11th November 2014)
    Liked 675 Times in 472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Not even close. You failed to mention how Flavio Briatore will be the principle, and Jacques will develop the car!

13. Likes: Tazio (8th November 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    With so few cars forever more in F1 if it keeps going the way it is, then new drivers will hardly ever get a chance.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Spanish press is reporting that McLaren has signed Alonso for two years, with the option of a third. But since this is Spanish press, and therefore utter rubbish, I'm not even going to dignify that with a link. I just thought you should know, though.

16. Likes: Tazio (9th November 2014),truefan72 (9th November 2014)