Hmm,

the sauber situation is a curious one indeed

I thought sutil brought his own sponsorship with him and also had a seat for next year, so that will have to be sorted out.
Sutil's downside is that he crashes a lot. Probably on par or more so than maldonado. the difference being that i think maldonado is a much better driver when he is on.

But for what its worth, I think sutil is still way better than either ericsson and especially nasr who i watched extensively in gp2. Nasr like others have said, is like a combination of the worst of massa and rosberg. Yes he is a capable driver...but then again so is everyone up and down the grid. but is not a strong pack driver, doesn't have the killer instinct and tends to go the safe route rather than "winning " route in his approach to races. I have seen nothing in his gp2 drives that would indicate anything other than an F1 backmarker imo.

In many ways this is an indictment of F1 and it lack of revenue sharing system that we see Sauber take a step back with its two drivers who are clearly much poorer than the 2 they have on the roster, in essence 2 mediocre pay drivers. I would have loved to see buemi in that sauber seat. But sadly for him, all he has to offer is his lightning speed and pedigree. Things that you would think would be attractive to any team.

Seriously what is the point of being in F1 as a team if you have mediocre drivers who can't even extract the car's potential or push its development forward.
Yes they will have money, but to what end?