Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    It was originally planned to have eight events next year, interesting comments from Barum organisers:

Question from the floor to Miroslav Regner
    Will Barum Czech Rally Zlín happen next year?

MR: “We will know more by the end of September. Now we are dealing with the additional conditions of the contract but I believe we will be successful and that Barum Czech Rally Zlín will happen next year. This was originally due to the idea that the ERC would like to cut the championship by two events and the original idea was to cut it to eight events in total so we will see in September how it will go.”

SM: “I would like to add we will know more in September as Mr Regner said. But we will have a meeting with the municipality soon but I can assure you we will make sure all the guarantees will take place and all the necessary contract details will be made to ensure a successful Barum Czech Rally Zlín for next year.”

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I was checking the point scoring system for ERC (refreshing my memory) and noticed the following remark for eligible cars.

Remark concerning R4 cars:
    - These regulations will not be continued after 2014.
    - As from 01.01.2015, R4 cars will be eligible in the rallies of non European FIA regional championships only.
    - Cars with a National R4 homologation will also be eligible in these rallies as from 01.01.2015

http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/...l_160114_1.pdf (page 13)

Why only R4 cars?

I also noticed that this year is the last homologation year for Mitsu evo 9.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...25.06.2014.pdf (page 33)
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    I think that this rules were changed few months a go and that the homologation of Evo IX was prolonged (that shall be no problem when Felicia Kit Car and Civic VTi have been homologated for 20 years already).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    It sounded strange that the R4 cars would be forbidden only in Europe.

The homologation continues 7 years after the production of a model has dropped to some min. level.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF View Post
    I was checking the point scoring system for ERC (refreshing my memory) and noticed the following remark for eligible cars.

Remark concerning R4 cars:
    - These regulations will not be continued after 2014.
    - As from 01.01.2015, R4 cars will be eligible in the rallies of non European FIA regional championships only.
    - Cars with a National R4 homologation will also be eligible in these rallies as from 01.01.2015
    Does that mean that R4 Subarus and Mitsus are going to be forbidden in the European Championship?!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF View Post
    The homologation continues 7 years after the production of a model has dropped to some min. level.
    That's much more years for both of these cars You can ask to prolong the homologation. It's possible and commonly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Does that mean that R4 Subarus and Mitsus are going to be forbidden in the European Championship?!
    Originally it was really like that but I think that the rule was changed through this season. I'm not sure though.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    "The new ERC2 category will be for traditional Group N and R4 cars with prolonged FIA homologation for three years, while ERC3 will cater for two-wheel-drive machinery conforming to FIA Regional Rally Regulations."

http://www.fia.com/news/erc-revamped-2015

8. Likes: OldF (3rd September 2014)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Has it been any leaks on how Eurosport plan to improve the ERC with respect to TV and streaming for 2015?
    This was one of the advantages of IRC vs WRC, that now seems to be gone.

Will they try to go one up on the "big brother", or is that possibility lost by becoming a FIA series?

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    I have bad news for the people who support 12-event calendar in the ERC. In 2015 the calendar will be reduced to 10 rounds. There will be some other changes as well. Details at http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id...-Sport-Council
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Not so bad. But still QS

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk