Thread: Texas

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Texas

Nice job by Carpenter, well deserved win. I was also impressed by Aleshin. He's had a pretty impressive rookie year.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Carpenter really had the bit between his teeth, that's for sure.

I wish we had more night races.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I am disappointed that the attendance was so poor. So many empty seats. I always thought that Texas is one of the best races of the year. And it's such fun race to attend. Last time I have been there, the tickets cost under $100, you could take a cooler with you, and the race started in the dark, sparing the spectators from the summer heat. The race track is pretty good. You can see the whole track from almost any seat.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I am disappointed that the attendance was so poor. So many empty seats. I always thought that Texas is one of the best races of the year. And it's such fun race to attend. Last time I have been there, the tickets cost under $100, you could take a cooler with you, and the race started in the dark, sparing the spectators from the summer heat. The race track is pretty good. You can see the whole track from almost any seat.
    The place has seating for around 138 thousand, so it wasn't that small of a crowd. Still it would be better if they could get to half full for the race.
    -- Smokey Stover

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Before the internet, I seriously doubt any of us paid attention the how full or empty the grandstands were. Now it seems like people are more interested in attendance that the actual race.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Before the internet, I seriously doubt any of us paid attention the how full or empty the grandstands were. Now it seems like people are more interested in attendance that the actual race.
    You have a clear picture.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    Good job by Carpenter, and he played his hand at the right time. JPM seems to be bringing his early IndyCar form back into the light as well, but Power had the run on those new tires.

Not a good race for Honda.

I just hope we see more solid races with fewer cautions. Once it turns into a strategy race and a roll of the dice deciding the leaders, it just gets dull.