Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

Maybe Nico can become "Slice", then Hammy's two best friends in F1 will be Slash and Slice.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Lewis quote on hunger

“Let me tell you this: I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad’s apartment and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things, so the hunger is different,” said Hamilton.

“I want to be the hungriest guy in the cockpit of all 22 of us - even if every driver has to believe that he’s the hungriest – because if I were to come here believing Nico is hungrier than me then I might as well go home.

“So I’ve got to be the hungriest. To win the world championship you need to be the hungriest.”

Does Lewis insult Nico? No?

He say hunger different which normal. No?

He also say he need to be hungriest pilot to win.

It opinion no? I think he just say he need biggest desire, will, drive to win champ. He just call it hunger no? I not read insult but maybe my English not as good.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Let's hope Lauda smacked the kids around a bit and that's the end of it. I'm ready to get back to racing.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFeegle View Post
    Lewis quote on hunger

“Let me tell you this: I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad’s apartment and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things, so the hunger is different,” said Hamilton.

“I want to be the hungriest guy in the cockpit of all 22 of us - even if every driver has to believe that he’s the hungriest – because if I were to come here believing Nico is hungrier than me then I might as well go home.

“So I’ve got to be the hungriest. To win the world championship you need to be the hungriest.”

Does Lewis insult Nico? No?

He say hunger different which normal. No?

He also say he need to be hungriest pilot to win.

It opinion no? I think he just say he need biggest desire, will, drive to win champ. He just call it hunger no? I not read insult but maybe my English not as good.
    The full quote doesn't sound bad at all coming from Lewis. I've only read selected sentences of it the last few days shared by others and not taken much notice. It's amazing how bad something can sound when read partially and completely out of context. Shame on those deliberately misinterpreting it I say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    At no point does he say he hates Nico!
    In snooker and tennis ,we are told that you have to get into the mindset that you "Hate " all your opponents
    All Lewis does is say he wants to be hungrier that all the other 22 competitors

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Maybe Nico can become "Slice", then Hammy's two best friends in F1 will be Slash and Slice.
    ....or or just Cash, you know because he didn't pay his poor dues like The Boss. Of course then Mercedes would have Cash, and Burn!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFeegle View Post
    Lewis quote on hunger

What a load of nonsense Lewis comes out with.

Ayrton Senna came from a very wealthy background, more so than most of his peers. Lack of hunger wasn't one of his weaknesses.

Lauda too was driven enough to climb into his Ferrari a couple of weeks after being given his last rites after his burns at the Nurburgring. IIRC he came from one of the wealthiest families in Salzburg.

Hunger to succeed has little to do with childhood poverty, otherwise the world would be run by ambitious council estate kids.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Could it be said that someone who grew up in privileged conditions might be even more motivated to prove their worth , given they may be criticized more heavily simply because "they had it easy" on the way up ?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Could it be said that someone who grew up in privileged conditions might be even more motivated to prove their worth , given they may be criticized more heavily simply because "they had it easy" on the way up ?
    It depends on the individual and I doubt there is a universal drive. Whether you think Hamilton of Rosberg were privileged on the way up, they both have the same goals. The comments Lewis made were pretty reasonable in hindsight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    What a load of nonsense Lewis comes out with.

Ayrton Senna came from a very wealthy background, more so than most of his peers. Lack of hunger wasn't one of his weaknesses.

Lauda too was driven enough to climb into his Ferrari a couple of weeks after being given his last rites after his burns at the Nurburgring. IIRC he came from one of the wealthiest families in Salzburg.

Hunger to succeed has little to do with childhood poverty, otherwise the world would be run by ambitious council estate kids.
    I agree also Mr Malbec. Lewis no poet

Sound like silly but not rude, just silly.

I like listen to pilots on track better