Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    haha i'm just winding him up a bit

though maybe there's some truth there too.
    naughty rj
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    It's an absolute mockery and since februarry 28th the status quo has been cemented, since engine development is verboten.
    Its very rare to read a comment that is simply so wrong.

The manufacturers have been writing new code for the power units race by race which is important because for Renault in particular software integration, not hardware has been the problem. Thats why we've seen substantial power and drivability improvements from Renault in particular since the start of the season, apparently somewhere near 40-50 bhp since February 28th. So much for the status quo.

As for hardware, the same rules apply as for the past few years where only reliability mods have been allowed. If those reliability changes allow the engine to be pushed harder so it produces more power well that would be just a happy coincidence wouldn't it….

Please do some research before posting utter drivel. Reading a few PR releases about engine upgrades brought by the manufacturers would easily prove you wrong and they have been widely publicised.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    88 was exciting. Interesting and intriguing too.
    Absolutely. Who were those two nobodies fighting for the championship in 1988 again? Their names escape me… Can't have been anyone too important.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    You talk sence Mr Malbec. Not usual idiot on www.

How many here drive race car? Not great number. Feel Brabham, Cooper, Lotus. They think racing all personality not pilot. Bling Bling generation with Playstation and armchair and opinion.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Check out the mid-season comparisons. Some interesting stats that I will comment on later this evening.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

Check out the mid-season comparisons. Some interesting stats that I will comment on later this evening.
    Do you have a link for those Taz? The images don't scale with the screen, and my old eyes can't take it! It does look like a good simple format though, so I'm interested.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    It is an interesting comparison and well-presented. According to the red/green indicators, the two drivers who have been most comprehensively beaten by their team-mates are former and current world champions Raikkonen and Vettel! Raikkonen's no surprise, but in Vettel's case it doesn't tell the whole story: when you look at the championship points, the Red Bull drivers are proportionally closer together than any other pair of team-mates except Mercedes and the non-points-scorers.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Some good information but be used in situation to other information to.

Example is position gain in situation against qual position. Bad qual mean easier gain position.

Interesting fact experience making big difference in some team. Hulk, Jenson but not Red Bull where Ricc defy experience. This tell story?

Also Torro Rosso make no impact. Pilots ahead may fail to complete race but they not show improve. Why?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Statistics can be misleading, and it is helpful to know why for instance one driver has gained more places than his teammate, but all things considered I think that the average finishing position between teammates is very telling. Also it is interesting (to me) that Slash, and EG are in a really tight battle even though neither has scored a point. Seb, and DR are really well matched with Ric' edging him out in most categories, but that could still be turned around if SV finishes strongly!