Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why?

Hybrid View

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Why?

Why we consider pilots upbringing and personality so much.

Pilots artist in race and I no care if they love their mata.

You judge man by his past then you poor man. Man judge by now. No?

You race and it pure. You pilot and it real. Flag down and you go with all other.

Not matter if you kiss child?

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Well, having a good personality is worth a significant amount of time per lap, if you go by what people say on internet forums.

Kamui Kobayashi has pulled off some good overtakes, amongst some crashes too, therefore he is one of the best drivers and should be in a Ferrari now! He also beat rookie Perez in 2011, an outstanding achievement.

Montoya was the best driver in F1 and better than Michael Schumacher (even though in reality he just shaded Ralf...) - this was because people liked his personality.

Karun Chandhok deserves a good F1 drive, because he has a cool personality. This means he is better than Bruno Senna even though Senna outqualified him 70% of the time in F1 and came 2nd compared to 10th in GP2 2008...

Overall, personality is very important.

[Sorry I'm being kinda sarcastic tonight]
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I agree with your sentiments Mac', but it is still fun to play around with some of the hijinks these freakin' guys get into. I feel like this forum is supposed to be fun. I guess it is easy for me to like all the pilots since none of them represent the U.S.A., the Basque, or the Taliban, (or all three)

One thing I don't like is the way a member or two have been dissing Germans for being...like.....evil Germans.
    What's up with that dawg?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Drivers private lives or upbringing generally get brought up just as a different angle for criticism when the on track stuff is more difficult to judge.

The other thread was laughable with a couple of people attempting to go back 16 years to suggest Hamilton has had it easier than anybody else, therefore questioning why he is where he is now. It was tactfully put to bed though.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I cannot see that it matters why or how a driver comes from. I mean someone rich and someone poor have different chances of getting to F1 I guess, and thus being raised on a council estate counts as a pretty good effort.

Regardless of that though, once he/she is in F1 It really doesn't matter. If you suck you suck and equally if you win a Championship, 26 wins and 59 podiums from 135 starts then you are pretty good.

Sebastian is Good too.

Personality, background and media skills mean nothing. If you win it matters not.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Indeed. In fact, it's interesting that I don't recall anyone round here bringing a driver's background into consideration - but one of the leading two drivers of 2014 did recently to suggest that the other driver wasn't as hungry as he was. I wonder if he's still thinking that now?
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Once they make their place in the sports history, nobody cares. People don't say Lauda only won 3 World Championships because he bought his way into a top drive. He had the skill and proved he got where he did because of his acumen and ability to remain at the top.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    It seems as some pilots consider other drivers upbringing and personality as very important.

Thatīs why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    It seems as some pilots consider other drivers upbringing and personality as very important.

Thatīs why.
    This discussion amongst fans has been going on for years Mia. What do you mean 'other pilots consider upbringing and personality as very important'?

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post

Thatīs why.
    I'd be curious as to who you are referring to. Are you privy to some very salacious info.?
    May the forza be with you