Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Good luck with your championship aspirations. As someone who has been heavily involved with our domestic championship for well over a decade I can tell you it is a lot of work but can also be rewarding.

Your ideas are fine. All tried and true activities and used by others for many years.

Presumably you are looking to promote the championship but other organisations are running the events? If this is the case, make sure you meet with organisers and determine, jointly, the prescriptions for a championship event ... what is do-able and what is not.
    Communicate, communicate, and communicate again. Listen to your organisers. They have the bigger job and will have much more at stake.

Define and understand the purpose and focus of the championship from your ASN's perspective. What are they wanting you to achieve?
    Who are the other stakeholders and what are their expectations?

And remember, when it comes to competitors, there's a lot of "gunna's" out there.

Of the initiatives mentioned, in town super specials can be good but not every event has a suitable or affordable venue.
    The same applies to things like ceremonial starts.

I don't know what categories make up the bulk of your sport in Norway. I would have been surprised if it was 2WD dominated. I'd be quite wary of choosing R2 as the promotable category otherwise.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Maybe R3 would be better.
    Chile is trying it, a bit as you want (promote 2WD but allow 4WD). It seems rally remains popular there, and manufacturers are interested. It's difficult for them, but Renault, Citroën and Honda bought cars and make them come to Chile. They can easily be tunned to be more aggresiv.
    http://www.rallymobil.cl/

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vino_93 View Post
    Chile is trying it, a bit as you want (promote 2WD but allow 4WD). It seems rally remains popular there, and manufacturers are interested. It's difficult for them, but Renault, Citroën and Honda bought cars and make them come to Chile. They can easily be tunned to be more aggresiv.
    Besides that, this year they started with the R2 class, and finished with N2. They also have a strong N3, with lots of teams supported by the importers of the brands.

Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Nz championship has definitely improved with the loosening of regulations, I believe many of them are open now, which means a great variation in cars makes and more speeeeeed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    Good luck with your championship aspirations. As someone who has been heavily involved with our domestic championship for well over a decade I can tell you it is a lot of work but can also be rewarding.

Your ideas are fine. All tried and true activities and used by others for many years.

Presumably you are looking to promote the championship but other organisations are running the events? If this is the case, make sure you meet with organisers and determine, jointly, the prescriptions for a championship event ... what is do-able and what is not.
    Communicate, communicate, and communicate again. Listen to your organisers. They have the bigger job and will have much more at stake.

Define and understand the purpose and focus of the championship from your ASN's perspective. What are they wanting you to achieve?
    Who are the other stakeholders and what are their expectations?

And remember, when it comes to competitors, there's a lot of "gunna's" out there.

Of the initiatives mentioned, in town super specials can be good but not every event has a suitable or affordable venue.
    The same applies to things like ceremonial starts.

I don't know what categories make up the bulk of your sport in Norway. I would have been surprised if it was 2WD dominated. I'd be quite wary of choosing R2 as the promotable category otherwise.
    I really aprechiate You extencive feedback. A lot of good advice!

Yes, You are right. This will be solely a promotor roll, and the rallies will be organized by different motor clubs.

We have allready had seperate meetings with most of the different organizers, and have had one meeting with most of them together. But we are not close to reaching the optimum level of communication.
    In Your experience, what has been the obvious bottle necks regarding communicatiosn with organizers?

Regarding the bulk in the Norwegian Championship, about 60-70% of the contestants is in what we call national class or Group H (older cars), and about 30-40% is in the internationall classes. The ratio between 2WD vs 4WD varies but is in the region of 80:20 to 70:30 in favour of the 2WDs.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Quote Originally Posted by vino_93 View Post
    Maybe You are right, that the bar of performance should be set at R3 in stead of R2. Could be a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    Besides that, this year they started with the R2 class, and finished with N2. They also have a strong N3, with lots of teams supported by the importers of the brands.
    2WD (in our project, if it is to be) would be the promoted class, but 4WD will still be allowed.
    To gather the attention of more importers and dealers we will open for national homologation, to get more brands in to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    Nz championship has definitely improved with the loosening of regulations, I believe many of them are open now, which means a great variation in cars makes and more speeeeeed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I do not know enough about the NZ championship, could You enlighten us in the regards of loosening up the regulations etc?

We had a meeting with most of the top drivers in the internationall classes yesterday, and it will be a struggle to get them all to push/pull in the same direction. We will see in the nearest future if it is at all possible.
    But I totally understand them. They are cought up in their own rallying world where everything centers around the next special stage,and I understand that it is diffucult then to see visions of the future in the perspective of several years.

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    2WD (in our project, if it is to be) would be the promoted class, but 4WD will still be allowed.
    To gather the attention of more importers and dealers we will open for national homologation, to get more brands in to the sport.
    Australia try it. Now Mazda has developt a car, and it's the same for VW (private) and Honda (official). It's a kind of big R3 cars. Renault and Citroën are involved too. Renault tunned a bit his R3, whereas Citroën only run classic R3.
    To know more about Australian Rally Championship : http://www.rally.com.au/