Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    I don't understand how you came to that comment. I said clearly in the final paragraoh that APART from Rick Hatton, Andy Murray, Beth Tweddle and Monty Panesar not one nominated did anything that required great physical stamina.
    Err Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe are both boxers.

Its all a load of balls, none of them looked anything special really.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    I don't understand how you came to that comment. I said clearly in the final paragraoh that APART from Rick Hatton, Andy Murray, Beth Tweddle and Monty Panesar not one nominated did anything that required great physical stamina.
    True. Sorry - if anything I should have got negative rep for that for not reading your post properly! : (Not asking for it though! )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll happily give it (not)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Andy was invited to the awards, as he mentioned on Radio 2 the other week. Guess he couldn't make it in the end.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    They never give any credit to Schumacher or Alonso either in overseas sports personality.

The scedule consists of...

Football - 1 hour 30 mins yawn
    Cricket - 20 minutes yawn
    Rugby - 5 minutes ok
    Altletics - 5 minutes yawn

Everything else might get a mention if it lucky.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have never understood the attraction of athletics in awards events such as these - a racing driver of the calibre of Fernando Alonso may do similar amounts of running/cycling or swimming to stay fit whilst also demonstrating amazing skills in a high-technology racing car. The same goes for a touring car driver such as Priaulx.

Racing drivers are criminally overlooked.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think people don't realise how fit you have to be to be a top line driver.
    They just compare it to driving a road car.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the success of first ferari and then renault in formula one has been criminal to how the public view racing drivers to be honest. People think that the driver doesn't need to be a good driver, just to be in the best car- sad but true. And somthing like touring cars isn't that well folowed to be honest. Silverstone had over 30,000 people attend, but each premiership football match gets those kinds of figures every weekend- and thats like 10 seperate grounds each getting those attendences.
    Touring car racing racing isn't the most minority sport out there- i'm sure somthing like triathlon gets less support- but its definitly not the most followed either.
    Believe the above at your own risk.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personality what personality?

For many years i have doubted the ability of the great british public to see any further than the end of their collective noses.The award is called the sports personality of the year,not who is the world champion at tiddlywinks or how many fat old men can you knock out in a roped off area that stops them running away! was their any body on the show with an ounce of personality? Was nice to see Jennifer Saunders pick up the main trophy didn't know she was related to The Queen (pardon me maarm)
    Just because I don't suffer from paranoia,doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its funny though isnt it - someone was saying that perhaps the reason motorsport gets overlooked is that it simply doesnt attract the same level of interest as other sports.....yet some la-di-dah royal (and lets face it the horse is the real athlete) gets the sports personality of the year. Joke. To quote a guy on BBC Sport, the only people who watch show jumping are tories in fox fur slippers.