Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    photoshoped crap.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Speaking of the real thing. Several news sites and Tommi Mäkkinen himself has stated that the car has run over 1000 km of testing in the past week... so... people from Finland... don't you have phone cameras in your nation?
    How come no one has seen it? By now someone must have spotted it. I very much doubt he did the 1000 kms in his shop.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    He can drove that Yaris in 1000 Km without second pass on same place eheh no one saw it

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Speaking of the real thing. Several news sites and Tommi Mäkkinen himself has stated that the car has run over 1000 km of testing in the past week... so... people from Finland... don't you have phone cameras in your nation?
    How come no one has seen it? By now someone must have spotted it. I very much doubt he did the 1000 kms in his shop.
    It's possible to keep it secret for some time. There are suitable private areas with restricted entrance etc. I know for sure that there were many many tests of Škoda which weren't caught on any video or photo. Even with some cars destroyed without any photo ever surfacing on public.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: tatrac (15th May 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It's possible to keep it secret for some time. There are suitable private areas with restricted entrance etc. I know for sure that there were many many tests of Škoda which weren't caught on any video or photo. Even with some cars destroyed without any photo ever surfacing on public.
    difference is nobody cares a about skoda, but everybody cares about a legendary manufacturer returning to the WRC, plus WRC teams want the spotlight.

7. Likes: tatrac (15th May 2016)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Nice article about the new Citroen engine and something about regulations as well (from http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...-Events/page12 ).

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...6-october-2016 (pages 44-45)

The original source is http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/septe...4--12-12-.html but IMO in the video is not as much info as in the article. From where have rallysport magazine got the rest of the info. If I remember correctly Dimviii posted the same video from youtube.

Few examples.

- Bore from 82 mm to 84 (maybe due to increased piston speed)
    - Three jokers per year for the engine
    - The torque remains the same
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Has the FIA considered what may happen in the event of possible failure or loss of the extra aero that next years cars are going to feature? Quite used to seeing formula cars spin or have incidents when aero is compromised after offs or comings together etc so just hoping we don't see an accident caused by one of the massive rear wings or front air dams failing on what after all will be much rougher events than circuits.
    If the aero comes off after a spin, the changes will be predictable and the driver will adjust to the joy of the spectators (Neuville, Finland 2014)

I think this would be worse:

High speed corner 160-180 kph, car very straight because of aerodynamic grip, then hits rut and throws the car abruptly sideways, then all the aerodynamic "helpers" (rear wing, diffusor, splitter and underfloor) stall, causing a dramatic drop in downforce/aerodynamic grip.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Think you only need to look at VW's GB testing with the 2017 car, to realise these new aero cars are already a lot more sideways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCz8...ature=youtu.be
    Steve

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Prediction:The manufacturer that adopts their aero so as to work efficiently without the front splitter will make a lot of gains next year...

Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Prediction:The manufacturer that adopts their aero so as to work efficiently without the front splitter will make a lot of gains next year...
    been looking at the cars in the videos and i think that the car that is the least aero dependent may actually be at a slight advantage (assuming its a decent base to start with). I think that with all the potential to lose parts of the aero kit on gravel rallies and from accidents, things may become less stable when parts of the kit get torn off. But i'm sure the engineers have already thought of such and testing/research to minimise such impacts as best they can.