Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Looked deliberate to me ,he leaves braking late shoots up escape road,he knows he has NO time for another lap ! SO park it there ,who in their right mind reverses back onto the track ? Give him a 10 position penalty ! Teach them !! We said rules were rules at the beginning of the season ! IF nothing is done ,you had better be better at starting in the race than you EVER been before ,as your going to be punished at the start ,is Lewis EVER gonna trust him ? Is Lewis ever gonna help him ?

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Ok I just saw the video. I question why is he criss-crossing the steering wheel before you see lock up smoke. Also, is he taking an unusual line indeed?

The left to right movements on the steering wheel are, to me, exactly what Schumacher did, and appear consistent with feigning a mistake.

However, I only want the right thing done. If it was accidental, Nico should start from the front: If it was deliberate he should start from the back.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    No further action to be taken against Nico Rosberg

You can't argue with results

Pity this place has become a Lewis Hamilton fansite in the last few years......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    It sure did look suspicious.

However, perhaps Nico swerved too hard to miss the hump and got himself into a tank slapper right as he approached the braking zone. The cars are always dodging to the right to miss the hump and it's not inconceivable that Nico just swerved too hard and upset the car's balance. It did look like the car was yawing back and forth a bit.

Then again, he made no mention of that in his excuse, so it certainly looks like he did it on purpose. I've never seen him do anything overtly dirty on the track, so I am willing to take his word for it, at least for now.

Having said that, none of us really knows what Rosberg was thinking.

Everyone needs to be really careful here. There is a lot more at stake here than a simple, solitary pole position.

First, Nico and Lewis are supposed to be friends, and you don't cheat your friends if you want to keep them. Some of the recent talk (admittedly fueled by the media) suggests that tensions are high between the Nico and Lewis. These two really need to work this out fast.

On top of that, Mercedes stands to lose everything if these two go to open warfare on the track. I would hate to see it, but if this continues, Mercedes might be forced to nominate a lead driver, with the other placed into a support role. There is more than sporting interest here considering Mercedes' euro investment and they could care less which driver wins as long as it's a Mercedes 1, 2.

The Prost/Senna thing was mentioned, but we certainly can't forget how the Villeneuve/Pironi feud finished. Ferrari had that championship in the bag and then ended up losing both drivers before the season was past Hockenheim.

So far the two have raced cleanly, but if Rosberg wants to take the gloves off that could explode everything from the harmony in the team to their friendship. Rosberg needs to be careful not to force this sort of thing because as long as both Mercedes were running, Hamilton had always come out ahead. If you were running the team, who would you think gives you the best chance at the championship?

Personally I am sad to see this sort of thing develop because I like them both. Equally sad is that the worse this gets, the better it will be for F1 because it will create a lot of interest.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 24th May 2014 at 18:50.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    It sure did look suspicious.

However, perhaps Nico swerved too hard to miss the hump and got himself into a tank slapper right as he approached the braking zone. The cars are always dodging to the right to miss the hump and it's not inconceivable that Nico just swerved too hard and upset the car's balance. It did look like the car was yawing back and forth a bit.

Then again, he made no mention of that in his excuse, so it certainly looks like he did it on purpose. I've never seen him do anything overtly dirty on the track, so I am willing to take his word for it, at least for now.

Having said that, none of us really knows what Rosberg was thinking.

Everyone needs to be really careful here. There is a lot more at stake here than a simple, solitary pole position.

First, Nico and Lewis are supposed to be friends, and you don't cheat your friends if you want to keep them. Some of the recent talk (admittedly fueled by the media) suggests that tensions are high between the Nico and Lewis. These two really need to work this out fast.

On top of that, Mercedes stands to lose everything if these two go to open warfare on the track. I would hate to see it, but if this continues, Mercedes might be forced to nominate a lead driver, with the other placed into a support role. There is more than sporting interest here considering Mercedes' euro investment and they could care less which driver wins as long as it's a Mercedes 1, 2.

The Prost/Senna thing was mentioned, but we certainly can't forget how the Villeneuve/Pironi feud finished. Ferrari had that championship in the bag and then ended up losing both drivers before the season was past Hockenheim.

So far the two have raced cleanly, but if Rosberg wants to take the gloves off that could explode everything from the harmony in the team to their friendship. Rosberg needs to be careful not to force this sort of thing because as long as both Mercedes were running, Hamilton had always come out ahead. If you were running the team, who would you think gives you the best chance at the championship?

Personally I am sad to see this sort of thing develop because I like them both. Equally sad is that the worse this gets, the better it will be for F1 because it will create a lot of interest.
    I don't get how anyone can see it as anything more than an error and it's certainly not the first time someone's error has benefited someone or penalised someone else.....

If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder if people would accuse Lewis of doing it on purpose, I certainly wouldn't.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I don't get how anyone can see it as anything more than an error
    seriously?
    If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder if people would accuse Lewis of doing it on purpose, I certainly wouldn't.
    oh dear lord, they most certainly would. You would see these boards on fire, with even a few newcomers signing up just to have a go

anyway, we will see what the race brings tomorrow
    you can't argue with results.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I don't get how anyone can see it as anything more than an error.............
    Except, I didn't say that. I said it looked suspicious, but I was willing to take Rosberg's word for it.

.............and it's certainly not the first time someone's error has benefited someone or penalised someone else.....
    The only other time something like this happened that I can remember is when Schumacher did something similar here, and I believe they moved him to the back of the grid. Since there is some doubt as to what really happened with Rosberg, they were probably right to let it slide.

Were this to happen in Indycar, you would lose your two fastest laps. That discourages any deliberate attempts to steal a pole by crashing or stalling out.

No one on this forum wrote this article: http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/news...ke-by-rosberg/ Other people on the scene suspected something fishy before it ever got to this forum.

I'm sure if the roles were reversed plenty of people would be criticizing Lewis. After all, as much people loved Schumacher, people were calling for his head when he did something similar at Monoco. Even Schumacher fans were upset with him.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It's a scary enough run down that section of track without having to try to actually get it wrong and run down the escape road .
    Get it a tenth of a second late at those speeds , and you're all of a sudden facing a wall and a quick decision .

The stewards looked at far more data , and found that no penalty was necessary .
    This may only mean that there was nothing that drew them directly to conclude that beyond a doubt that it was intentional .
    "Looking fishy" isn't enough , but since it was "fishy" enough that they felt it necessary to investigate , we can conclude they looked very closely indeed .

When you put that together with Nico's generally gentlemanly reputation , I think one must at least consider that he's telling the truth here .
    And , finally , risking his father's derision when Keke was so vocal about Michael stopping at Rascasse seems pretty unlikely to me .

The only niggle I have about this , and it's only a small one , is that I just read a quote from
    Nico somewhere about how Lewis gets vulnerable when he doesn't have things go all his way .
    With the way Lewis reacted , I'm pretty sure he read that quote , too .

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Good post bags, the stewards have examined telemetry and cleared Nico, that's good enough for me, hopefully tomorrow won't be too boring.
    I wonder what Slash thinks about the episode?
    At any rate great job by Danny, Seb did pretty well, and Fred really wrung the neck of the F14T, blowing Kimi away in Q 3(althoudh I'm hoping Kimi puts together a good race), and finally Ericsson has postured himself quite well for donkey of the weekend deserving every bit of:
    The stewards decided that Ericsson had ‘recklessly collided’ with Massa and demanded that he start from the pitlane, having been 22nd on the grid in any case. He also received two license penalty points
    For ruining Fast Felipe's race!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I personally think it was on purpose.

However who got Pole?

Its all worth it to have pole around Monaco. The ruthless streak that top line drivers have, has often been missing from Nico and it surfaced today.

I have a new belief that he can now win this Championship.

Nico Rosberg secured pole position. Not in the ideal way, but hey he wont care should he win tomorrow.

I love a spicy controversy and this will sure make the race tomorrow more fun.

I hope Lewis doesn't lose his rag because he got screwed.

You cant argue with results like Daniel says and Nico starts on pole. Congrats to him.

As long as you get away with it who cares. He has shown his hand and fair play to him. Alls fair in love and war and all that stuff.

Some of you are going to hate me for saying this but I honestly do complement him for thinking of it. It worked.

Anyway lets hope tomorrows Race is a good one.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy