Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That's boring spectator stage (except the part out of the circuit)

Check for example this one from Semetín. That's a truckload of adrenaline!

http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/6919.html
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: marcosg (3rd September 2014)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Yeap... I usually go 300m after the last junction to a flat right after crest with huge cut that they do flat out and then go on the rev limiter

Semetin is my favorite stage from Barum! For those of you that have RBR you can be sure that the stage is really well made and almost 100% like the real one...

Pech usually is very fast here and this year he won both runs and always in spectacular fashion

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts

I completely agree with you Mirek, but unfortunally Kevin never made it into Semetin stage.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Codriver error? (my czech isn't perfect )

http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/6934.html

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    The car was disappointing for me. The engine was loud but appeared really weak compared to the Lancers. On the city stage when Mark was overtaken by Březík the difference was huge.
    They had problem with engine on the test before rally, thats why engine revs were choked (at least on beginning).

Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    They had problem with engine on the test before rally, thats why engine revs were choked (at least on beginning).
    Thanks for the info. First what came to my mind was if in CZ we had so obviously illegal cars

Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Codriver error? (my czech isn't perfect )

http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/6934.html
    No, he gave the notes correctly including a "caution". Driver's error this time.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Great event again, glad to have been back again after the editions of '09 and '10. The stages are stunning. This year we drove the complete version of Pindula in the dusk on thursday night, it's crazy to drive even with a normal car at normal speed!

Friday some nice fast corners on shakedown/QS. Still hoping to let the "normal" shakedown-system make it's comeback for all drivers next year... Tanak and Consani were very impressive to see, he threw the car sideways before corners already, I'm not sure it was effective but it was really nice to see. Interesting was official Peugeot's hitting the ground with the chassis in one corner, while noone of the other cars did this. They hitted the tarmac, but the 208's kept more stable than other cars (except Skoda's) anyway. On ceremonial start and the city stage the atmosphere was great, as always! The action started off a bit strange with the old Bugatti show, not my thing, but better than nothing I guess? Amazing to see the S1 E2 Quattro from Beres in real, what a beast of a car! Of course many other great cars in the Star Rally, pitty the itinerary doesn't really allow you to see them on saturday without missing action from ERC.

On saturday we did 4 stages. Started off on Slusovice on a fast bumpy left one. All was OK until some safety-car moved everyone away, even if they were 20-30m away from the road on a completely safe place. Found some downhill medium-right, it wasn't bad but not great either. Then we went to Trojak. Very technical place with a bit slower corners, tricky braking downhill etc. But it proved to be too delicate to be really spectacular. On that place I saw Kevin Abbring retire, all he could comment was "kutzooi", but I was probably the only one who understood that... Then off to Slusovice again for some fast left with cut in forest, followed by long fast right between railguards. Nice place, it was also interesting to see that it wasn't always the quickest to cut deep. For Gr.N and R2 cars this place was very nice too since they became quite unstable when exiting the corner and cut (having some edge between cut and road). We ended the day with Semetin, fast left over sharp crest/jump followed by a little slower right over crest/jump. Tarabus had some big moment there, for other cars big differences between drivers. Wiegand for example was really slow and lost multiple seconds on only these 2 turns. The Fabia R5 was extremely stable and had a very good jump, weight balance looked perfect (while most other cars landed more on the front).

On sunday we did only 2 stages and podium. First was a fast right on Pindula, with some dirty cut. On this place Wiegand looked fast, very different to anything else I've seen from him. Also Pech looked very fast, even while having a solid lead. The other place we did was 2 fast right corners (with cuts) on Zadverice 2. The first one was muddy but dried out before 2nd run already, there were still some cars going sideways. Tanak was very impressive (again), throwing the car sideways already while still braking for the corner.

Other than that not much more to add. Only that Fabia R5 is a extremely boring car to see and hear. The car is extremely stable and very quiet. The sound of the car somehow remembers me of the old Corolla WRC-sound.

Consani sideways on free practise run.

Tanak on the famous SS Semetin.

Kopecky powerdrifting the Fabia R5 test-car on the city stage.

Wiegand on SS Pindula.

http://rally-image.be/foto/0432/ - All photos are online here.

12. Likes: EightGear (3rd September 2014),Hartusvuori (10th September 2014),Jeppe (4th September 2014),makinen_fan (3rd September 2014),marcosg (3rd September 2014),Mirek (4th September 2014),mousti (3rd September 2014),WUff1 (4th September 2014)