Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good bye!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I'll most likely not be able to make that one, but if my schedule should change I'll give you guys a shout.
    Allrighty.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Gary, I'm sorry to hear this but I can understand. My enthusiasm for this series is pretty much gone now. I used to at least check the net to see who won this or that race, even when I stopped watching. But now, I just don't care. I don't even look at the Nielsen ratings anymore. I was in L.A. and could have gone to Long Beach this year. Didn't stay over to go... just didn't care. But you guys are people who occupy a happy place in my mind. So it would be a thrill for me if several of us could ever meet up at the track one of these days.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gary, Thanks for all your efforts. I have more or less given up on the forum as well - there is just no traffic here…. Best wishes!!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
    Gary, Thanks for all your efforts. I have more or less given up on the forum as well - there is just no traffic here…. Best wishes!!
    Seems like the same pretty much all over. This is the only one I look in on these days. I stopped going to TF some long time back because of all the hissy fits there from the same cast of characters. Tried OWR for a bit and that was ridiculous - nearly as bad as the fanatics place used to be. No formal count downs, but just as unwelcoming.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    You may enjoy the IndyCar section at the Ten Tenths forum, or TrackForum of course.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Seems like the same pretty much all over. This is the only one I look in on these days. I stopped going to TF some long time back because of all the hissy fits there from the same cast of characters. Tried OWR for a bit and that was ridiculous - nearly as bad as the fanatics place used to be. No formal count downs, but just as unwelcoming.
    If you can look past the BS = TrackForum has not been bad.

But you are right, there are a few people that just never change their tune and are pretty "in your face" about it….

However, at least there is consistent posting and quite a number of "high quality" posters with interesting information and points of view…..
    Last edited by Chris R; 4th August 2014 at 13:24.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Track Forum used to be great, but it has become such a black pit of gleeful negativity that I don't waste my time there any more.

Since I stopped going to Indycar forums, I have enjoyed the races a lot more.

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post

I fully agree. All the negativity can certainly take the joy out of enjoying. I'm sure there have always been problems, but we hardly heard of them.
    So, let the teams worry and the fans enjoy
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yep. John Howard, Jim Wilke, and Jan Shaffer were never on the internet talking bad a bout CART.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Track Forum used to be great, but it has become such a black pit of gleeful negativity that I don't waste my time there any more.

This place is a ghost town. I used to check every day, but now may go weeks. TF is still somewhat active, but has gotten so negative that any sane discourse isn't possible. I guess the crap__ies had to go somewhere and some of the newbees are completely clueless. I still check it, but often don't get past the thread title as it is often "more of the same", complaining about the same topics over and over again by the same handful of hateful people.

But with Twitter becoming "the" place to be, many traditional forums are dying. I follow a number of special interest forums, and all of them are slowly going the same direction.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true