Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24 View Post
    I'm not surprised to see Edwards leaving, he's been more then loyal to Roush and he'll never win a championship with them. Roush doesn't seem to be one of the top teams anymore. Good for Edwards.
    As for Jr. it's too bad he's losing his crew chief because they really seem click together. My guess is next crew chief will come within HMS.
    Yes, I agree. Not at all a surprise for Edwards to be leaving Roush. Roush has had allot of problems and the teams are not the caliber that they were, even a couple of years ago. I don't think it is the fault of the drivers at Roush. I also agree with you, about Earhnardt Jr's next crew chief. Wonder if it will be his or one of the other Cup team's car chief, or will they advance a Nationwide Team crew chief, up to the Cup level? It will be interesting to see.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24 View Post
    As for Jr. it's too bad he's losing his crew chief because they really seem click together. My guess is next crew chief will come within HMS.
    Well, that didn't take long. HMS announces that Greg Ives will be Dale Earnhardt Jr's crew chief in 2015. Here is the announcement, posted at Jayski's:

Greg Ives named crew chief for Earnhardt, Jr. in 2015: Crew chief Greg Ives will rejoin Hendrick Motorsports following the 2014 NASCAR season to lead the #88 Sprint Cup Series team of driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. Ives, 34, was race engineer for Jimmie Johnson's historic run of five consecutive Sprint Cup championships (2006-2010) with the #48 Hendrick Motorsports team. He will work alongside Johnson's crew chief, Chad Knaus, in the shop shared by the #48 and 88 Chevy SS teams.
    "Greg was our number-one choice," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "This is a talented guy who already has a terrific rapport with Dale Jr. and is a fit with the organization. He and Chad had a lot of success together, and all of our crew chiefs think the world of him and what he's accomplished. Greg's proven that he can win races, and he has all the tools to do big things."
    Since his debut as a crew chief for JR Motorsports in 2013, Ives has won five NASCAR Nationwide Series races including three this season with rookie and current points leader Chase Elliott.
    A native of Bark River, Michigan, and graduate of Michigan Technological University, Ives joined Hendrick Motorsports as a mechanic in 2004 before moving into an engineering role on the #48 team in 2006. In seven years working with Knaus, he contributed to 42 wins, 113 top-five finishes and 21 pole positions in the Sprint Cup Series. In November 2012, Ives transitioned to JR Motorsports as crew chief for driver Regan Smith. The duo won two races and finished third in points in 2013 before Ives was named Elliott's crew chief prior to this season. JR Motorsports works closely with Hendrick Motorsports and is owned by Earnhardt in partnership with Rick Hendrick.(HMS)(7-30-2014)